Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training or certification to provide analytical support to senior analysts, sales, trading and clients. Responsibilities include collection, organization, and analysis of market and financial data, and development of trade ideas for client investment portfolios based on analysis, as well as trader, client and broker input. Guidance is provided to perform a variety of tasks that are somewhat difficult in character requiring some evaluation, originality or ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes databases covering fixed income products and analytics (Yield Book, Bloomberg and eFolio).
- Assists in development, maintenance and interpretation of financial models for relative value analysis of fixed income products and preparation of broker and client recommendations.
- Assists in preparation of informative written reports for timely distribution to clients as well as to fixed income sales and trading.
- Gathers and synthesizes critical data from relevant sources in support of ongoing research projects.
- Prepares product specific reports.
- Handles client and broker requests for critical and time sensitive information.
- Maintains the confidentiality of company and client information.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of research.
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
- Financial markets and products.
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Math and analytics sufficient for quantitative and analytical analysis to assist in the development of financial models.
- Problem solving and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas, services and products to our brokers and clients.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets with Microsoft Office, Yield Book, Bloomberg and eFolio.
- Gather information, identify links and trends, interpret results and apply findings to broker and client correspondence and applicable reports.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a macro orientation.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Remain cognizant of our commitment to regulatory and compliance requirements.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Ideal candidate will have at least two years of relevant fixed income experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in a related field. MBA, CFA or CPA is a plus.
- None required, although Series 7 and 63 designations are expected to be obtained.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm’s core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Job Business Development
Primary Location US-TN-Memphis-Memphis
Organization Fixed Income
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time