Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. Rainforest’s mission is to enable quality to just happen. We are driven to create new ways for software engineers around the world to deliver exceptional product experiences and spend less time worrying about the time consuming task of quality assurance testing. We do this through a combination of machine learning and crowd-sourced human testers.
We are a distributed global team, bringing together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to this model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards. Visit our website, our instagram and our twitter feed to learn more about Rainforest QA.
About this Role
Rainforest QA is looking for a highly motivated Finance manager to support our next stage of growth through business analytics and insights. You will be integral in supporting strategic decision making through ongoing financial analyses, forecasting and reporting. The successful candidate will be a team player who possesses strong analytical and modeling skills and enjoys solving complex business problems. While driving operational rigor via precision and detail, you must have the ability to think critically about the business holistically, synthesize data and communicate relevant insights to the leadership team and business partners. This job reports to the VP of Finance and will be remote.
- Manage our consolidated financial model, build forecasts for all revenue and cost drivers, and regularly update financials and operating metrics (KPI/ KBIs)
- Provide data and analytical support, highlight trends, opportunities and risks to assess the health of the business and support business decisions
- Partner closely with accounting team on monthly close processes and reporting
- Collaborate with cross functional areas including Growth and Customer Success to support sales operations processes
- Work toward continuous improvement to our operational processes, data integrity, and analytical capabilities as we grow
- Contribute to business initiatives, including modeling scenarios, providing quantitative and qualitative frameworks to evaluate outcomes
- BA / BS in Finance or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills, coupled with high proficiency in SQL and business intelligence tools (BigQuery / Tableau / Domo)
- Experience building financial models from ground-up, with ability to conceptualize at a high level, while driving swift execution with attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statements and accounting principles
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment with ability to operate in a remote working environment, and work effectively with folks at various levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to communicate analysis to the broader organization
- Motivated to quickly gain knowledge of Rainforest QA platform and product offerings
- CFA / MBA
- Experience in investment banking analyst program or similar, and 2+ years at a Tech startup
How we’ll reward you
- Flexible, remote work options
- Unlimited paid-vacation time off
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- A weekly allowance for lunches
- A monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development
- All-Company off-sites: Opportunities for the whole company to get together. The location is ever changing, so you will get to see some new places! Our last offsite was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are intentional about culture, and these are the highest level ways we have come up with to describe how we work and interact.
No BS, No Ego
We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
1% better every day
Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
Own the journey
We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our tribal journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our tribe’s success.
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.