Job Description Details
Reporting to Senior Manager- Business Partner, Qurate Group, Finance Business Analyst is a member of the Operations Business Planning & Analysis group responsible for supporting the Global Customer Service & Experience and Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services groups. You will assist the team with operational financial management and analytics, internal financial analysis and reporting, and budget/forecast variance reporting.
Who We Are
BP&A team is responsible driving the company’s annual budgeting, forecast and strategic planning processes. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. QVC can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
- Provides financial analysis, guided modeling and advisory services to assigned business unit and financial leadership.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost and increase efficiency on expense side, as well as ways to maximize return on investment related to business initiatives.
- Identifies and quantifies new business unit initiatives for fiscal integrity. Validates the financial assumptions and information which form the basis for strategic business decisions.
- Produces ad hoc business unit performance reports and analytics that provide contextual and actionable information for assigned executives and Finance management.
- Prepares variance analysis reports & reviews and identifies issues or variances. Conducts monthly and quarterly review actual to budget and re-forecast for future quarters.
- Identify trends and factors leading to financial performance – recommend possible solutions/improvements to leadership.
- Steward of the monthly forecast and annual budget process for assigned business unit.
- Identify process improvement opportunities on business planning by leveraging company experience and knowledge.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, MBA is strongly preferred
- 4 plus years’ experience in corporate finance, business analysis and financial modeling
- Experience with preparing annual budget and capital forecasts
- Knowledge of SAP FI/CO, SAP Project Systems, SAP BPC preferred
- Knowledge of financial management processes and accounting standards
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop – beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com . QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.