Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Financial Planning & Analysis team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Principal Financial Analyst position!
Performs the quantitative and qualitative analyses related to the production of short-, mid- and long-term financial plans for PSE and its parent companies, as well as analytics associated with resource additions, corporate performance drivers and various strategic initiatives. Leads the development of interdepartmental consensus on analytical assumptions and approaches, as well as enterprise valuation models and processes.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operation and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Leads the process to update the monthly outlook, asset management report (ASM) and other variance analyses. Presents the results to PSE directors and officers.
- Participates in the annual creation of the corporate mid and long-term financial plan. Facilitates and may lead the ongoing evaluation of the corporate mid and long-term financial plan.
- Helps develop corporate financial strategy by interfacing with PSE management and building interdepartmental consensus on modeling assumptions, such as rate case strategies, O&M and Capital targets and financing strategies to optimize corporate financial performance.
- Develops comprehensive, complex models to create the five-year plan and evaluate financial and valuation impacts of operating and corporate initiatives, and conducts various ad-hoc strategic analyses throughtout the planning cycle.
- Contributes to or may lead the delivery of recommendations resulting from quantitative and qualitative analyses. Anticipates and identifies areas of opportunity or inherant business risks evident in the data and communicates action plans to stakeholders.
- Develops consensus around analytical approaches and cultivates ties across business groups.
- Produces presentations for management, Board of Directors and external rating agencies.
- Continually improves forecast integrity by utilizing internal and external information resources, researching new financial metrics and modeling techniques, benchmarking, and data analytics.
- Partners with stakeholders to model and analyze the annual PE goodwill impairment test and prepare rating agency presentations.
- Leads the quarterly and annual enterprise valuation updates to PSE management and investors.
- Develops creative and complex spreadsheet modeling to integrate proposed and completed business transactions into a valuation model.
- Promotes best practices of modeling techniques, methodologies, controls and documentation.
- Instructs investor analysts on modeling PSE business activity.
- Provides guidance and expertise regarding the application of corporate valuation fundamentals to determine enterprise valuation.
- Creates pro-formas and conducts financial analysis for the corporate spending authorization process.
- Provides analytic direction to the business case team by structuring analytical problems, identifying areas for further analysis and summarizing results for decision making.
- Promotes accountability of financial assumptions and results across the organization by communicating to and educating business groups about financial implications of business operations.
- Leads, trains, and mentors staff in the development, administration, and analysis of the short-, mid-, and long-term corporate financial plans.
- Supports various rate proceedings by answering data requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, or related, with advanced knowledge of financial theory and analysis; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years experience in finance field or financial planning, with experience in designing complex spreadsheets and evaluating data to support business analyses.
- Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills, including significant examples of problem-solving, performing detailed analysis, and developing recommendations.
- Experience designing and evaluating complex spreadsheets to support business analyses.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint and significant experience with financial modeling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management.
- MBA in finance.
- CPA or CFA certification.
- Experience in utility financial planning and pro-forma analysis
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.