Company: Security Services Holdings LLC / Protos Security
Location: Norwalk, CT
Job Title: Strategic Finance Manager (FP&A)
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
Security Services Holdings and its subsidiaries provide technology enabled end-to-end security guard management services across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company, headquartered in Norwalk, CT, has offices in New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Cherry Hill, NJ, Daleville, VA and Charleston, SC, and is an emerging leader in the security service sector. Superior management processes combined with the security guard industry’s best technology ensures better service and measurable cost savings.
Security Services Holdings is currently seeking a top-tier candidate to joins its Finance team in Norwalk, CT. In this role you will work directly with the Vice President of Finance and support groups across the organization. You will drive process improvements, serve as a true strategic partner to the business, and help elevate the FP&A team to a higher level of operational excellence. You will support annual budgeting, monthly reporting, data analytics, strategic projects and ad hoc analysis. The right candidate will have a meticulous nature and an attention to detail, coupled with an ability to assess the big picture and concisely tell the Company’s story through the numbers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead in the development of the annual operating and three-year strategic plans.
- Prepare the monthly Financial Reporting Package for the consolidated Companies.
- Research and prepare variance analyses and explanations.
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and to better understand our actuals.
- Build and leverage financial planning systems for budgeting and forecasting.
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality.
- Build sophisticated predictive forecasting models that utilize a wide array of factors and automated assessment of attributes to improve accuracy.
- Support multiple Operating Companies on their day to day needs to manage their P&L and balance sheet.
- Build and implement mechanisms to supervise and report key financial and operating metrics.
- Analyze trends in key performance indicators and performance vs. benchmarks.
- Collaborate across multiple functions and geographies to execute on ad hoc projects and requests.
- Routine communication with VP, Finance relating to update business issues and deliverables.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Deep dive into accounting transactions and queries to help Operating Companies understand movements behind profitability and identify business drivers through financial analysis.
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Finance, or Accounting; MBA desired.
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial role including investment banking, management consulting, accounting or financial planning & analysis.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Strong proficiency in Excel with demonstrated experience in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting.
- Experience with reporting and analysis tools, i.e. Sage Intaact, Tableau, COGNOS or similar.
- Ability and excitement to thought partner with senior business leaders .
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. Creative problem-solving skills are a plus.
- Analytical skills, challenging status quo and high energy level.
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results.
- Proficiency with MS office applications.
- Ability to travel domestically.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Health, Vision, Life and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Paid Time Off Package