Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Responsible for total management of Patient Care Services for the campus hospital. Accountable for delivery of quality patient care services, customer satisfaction (including patients, physicians, and employees) and financial results within areas of responsibility. Works collaboratively with all clinical services to ensure consistency across the system. Represents Patient Care Services to the medical staff and in policy making for the hospital; and is designated to act in the absence of the Campus President. Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental, and treatment needs of patients, families, and visitors. Assures the recruitment, retention, training, competency and continuing education of department staff.
- Operate, manage and maintain assigned hospital departments in accordance with rules and regulations of DHEC, OSHA, CMS, and other regulatory agencies. Ensure the quality of patient care. Facilitate the development and deployment of policy, practices and programs that support quality care.
- Develop and manage assigned department’s operational and capital budgets, including estimates of future personnel and equipment needs. Assure that resources are optimally utilized through participating in strategic planning and financial budgeting processes, negotiation and review of contracted services, development of practices that achieve specific objectives and resolution of unfavorable performance variances.
- Develop, maintain and evaluate the Performance Improvement Program for the assigned departments. Coordinate, develop, implement and assure compliance to system wide and departmental specific policies and procedures, performance standards, nursing standards, regulatory and accreditation requirements and stellar practice standards. Provide leadership and implement strategies to provide cost effective quality care. Assure that interdisciplinary performance improvement programs are active, maintained and ongoing in the monitoring and evaluation processes, patient care and outcomes. Follow up to assure that complaints have been satisfactorily handled. Collaborate in maintaining departments/services on a customer-focused level of excellence.
- Perform a variety of human resource management functions including the interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling and terminating of assigned management and support staff. Provide coaching, mentoring, support and consultation to managers, colleagues and staff. Foster an empowered workforce through role clarification, delegation of responsibility and accountability.
- Inform Campus President or Chief Nursing Officer of actual or anticipated critical situations and/or results of actions taken. Take necessary independent action toward solutions when administrative problems occur.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Age Appropriate Standards of Care for the patient/resident population(s) served by assigned units and services. Identify patient and family needs of populations served. Recommend and/or develop new programs and services to meet those needs. Ensure that age specific equipment, supplies, and educational resources are available for assigned units/services.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, inservices, current literature andf professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest in fields of expertise. Support and promote education and research
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of team members that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at Prisma Health Company or affiliate and will have direct reports.
- BSN, plus MSN, MBA or related master’s degree
- 5 years of e xperience as a registered nurse, including acute care and at least three (3) years clinical or related management experience
Current SC RN license – REGISTERED NURSE (Lawson Code NLRN)
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Certification in nursing specialty or administration
- Experience in a complex hospital system
- 5 years management experience, including responsibility for other disciplines
- Community involvement/collaboration
Day (United States of America)
Baptist Easley Med Campus
1015 Baptist Easley Hospital
10156051 Nursing Administration
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.