Full Job Description
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Maintains, coordinates and participates in development of systems to effectively measure financial and operational performance. Assists in preparing financial analyses, forecasts and special studies for management in areas such as performance against plan, capital investments, and alternative management strategies. Reports to Manager, Financial Planning. Involvement with wide range of functional areas within the Company.
- Development, coordination and maintenance of systems that assist management in financial control and decision making.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial analysis and status reports of on-going business activities, e.g., operating performance vs. budget, status of major spending activities.
- Participates in special studies as required relative to profitability, pricing, cost reduction projects, capital expenditures, cash flow and return on investment.
- Assists in the development of short and long range financial plans.
- Maintains liaison with other operations regarding financial matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering (MBA preferred). Two to two years experience in financial analysis, accounting, budgeting and computer systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to think and work with minimal supervision. Must have a working knowledge of financial and quantitative analysis techniques, management accounting, cost accounting, management information systems, and microcomputers. Good communication skills.