Prairie Capital Advisors, Inc. is an employee-owned company that offers investment banking, ESOP advisory and valuation services to support the growth and ownership transition strategies of middle-market organizations. Our core values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Passion are the foundation of our business. As an employee-owned firm, cultural fit is extremely important to us. Many companies talk about their culture – but we believe a truly special environment is formed when you build successful people around you. When you are passionate about what you do and those around you, it shows.
Our employee-owners enjoy a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where they are given as much responsibility as their experience and capabilities permit. We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst or Associate to join our Columbus, Ohio office. This individual will spend most of their time developing valuation analyses and reports for privately held and publicly traded clients. Engagement types primarily include valuations for: financial reporting (i.e., purchase price allocations, portfolio and fund valuations, equity-based compensation valuations, and indefinite and long-lived intangible asset impairment testing), employee stock ownership plans and/or corporate and shareholder fair market value engagements. In this role you will attend professional conferences and firm webinars and actively participate in relevant professional organizations.
- Develop and review financial modeling and analyses encompassing complex capital structures to ensure quality control
- Prepare client deliverables including valuation reports, presentations, information memoranda and marketing materials
- Work directly with senior level management, board members, shareholders and other trusted advisors throughout all phases of the engagement, participating in discussions and due diligence meetings, presenting and justifying analysis to clients, boards, and other stakeholders as well as outside assurance and tax advisors
- Mentor and develop new team members
- Communicate and establish relationships both internally with project teams and externally with clients and business partners
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience directly in valuations for financial reporting purposes
- Advancement towards the CFA designation (minimum Level II candidate or above) or an MBA
- Accredited Member (“AM”) or ASA credential from the American Society of Appraisers or successful completion of BV 201 through BV 204, strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/economics
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; proficiency in Excel-based applications for variable risk predictive modeling preferred
- Demonstrated communication, analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to manage timelines while prioritizing multiple assignments
- Strong work ethic, personal integrity, and commitment to meet frequent deadlines
- Willingness to travel (including international) when necessary, approximately 20%
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, now and in the future