Full Job Description
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Regular or Temporary
Full-time or Part-time
<span style=”font-size: 12px”><span style=”font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif”>Under minimal supervision with a self-starter mentality, responsible for complex problem solving and analysis, preparation and delivery of materials for leadership teams and providing business partners with clear and meaningful analysis to apply to business decisions. Develops effective business partnerships with business leadership teams. Leads key business planning/forecasting processes and effectively communicates results and expectations to all levels of the organization. Understands big picture concepts and provides leadership to junior team members.
1. Provide analytical solutions to complex business process and technical problems
2. Oversee development and delivery of presentations for business/executive leadership teams
3. Oversee development of flexible financial models that support business decisions and provide guidance to business partners on deployment of solutions
4. Lead implementation of process improvements
5. Engage regularly with business customers and pursue enhancements to business relationships
6. Lead special projects/analysis
7. Lead key processes for budget/forecast cycles
8. Provide leadership to junior team members and business partners
9. Demonstrate strong knowledge of end-to-end business processes
10. Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
11. May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.<p>In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
<span style=”font-size: 12px”><span style=”font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif”>1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related discipline or 2-3 years related experience and MBA<br />2. 5-7 years in analytical function, finance or related field<br />3. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools<br />4. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills<br />5. Strong attention to detail and time management skills<br />6. Understand “big picture” concepts<br />7. Ability to provide leadership to less experienced team members
<span style=”font-size: 12px”><span style=”font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif”>1. 5+ years in utility industry<br />2. Advanced degree and/or certification related to Finance<br />3. Ability to influence business leaders<br />4. Self-starter<br />5. Experience building complex, highly automated models
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.