This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
PGE’s fast-growing Grid Products team seeks a highly motivated candidate to support the development of new distributed energy resource products (transportation electrification, building energy management, renewable energy, flexible loads, resiliency) and business models. The candidate will work primarily with PGE’s internal teams (e.g. strategy, product development, legal, finance, marketing, field operations, and executive leadership) to research and develop new business models for how PGE most effectively enable our customers’ clean energy journey.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of or experience in the energy industry, understanding of the regulated utility business model, and experience or training in business planning.
- Research relevant business models of similar products and industries
- Analyze pilot designs and operation data
- Interview key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities and challenges
- Analyze size and timing of opportunities
- Perform analysis of risk
- Develop proforma
- Executive, c-suite level communications (memos and presentation)
- Provides data-driven insights to inform overall company strategy.
- Makes recommendations about adapting the strategy in response to changes in the business environment.
- In collaboration with business, regional and industry contacts, gathers intelligence and insights to support execution of business strategy.
- Use and develop scenarios, models, and simulations to inform development of new product strategy.
- Examines data and information, develops hypotheses and makes recommendations.
- Develops reports, including graphics and visuals.
- Collaborates with business units to consult on execution of strategy.
- Bachelor’s in business, Energy, Environmental Science, Economic, Data Analytics, or other related field
- Mid level – Two or more years in utility or similar energy sector experience in the area(s) of engineering, power operations, economic forecasting, accounting, finance or regulatory affairs or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior level – Five or more years in utility or similar energy sector experience in the area(s) of engineering, power operations, economic forecasting, accounting, finance or regulatory affairs or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competency in MS Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in analytical and strategic thinking.
- Ideal candidates are very comfortable in areas of uncertain and can find a path forward with the resources they have available. Candidate is a self-starter and thrives on problem solving, even when no clear answer is present.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience in utility industry, ratemaking, utility programs, or retail customers products.
- Highly proficient in Excel, specifically has the ability to utilize Excel formulas to summarize large dataset and build tools and models.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization, information or data exists.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below: