Porch’s mission is to partner with home service companies and together, delight homeowners from moving to improving and everything in between. We provide software and services to more than 11,000 home services companies including home inspectors, moving companies, utility companies, and more. Through these relationships and our multiple brands, Porch provides a moving concierge service to homebuyers, helping them save time and make better decisions on critical services. These include insurance, moving, security, TV/internet, and ongoing home maintenance, repair, and improvement projects post-move.
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A is a key and highly visible position who will be partnering with business leaders across Porch, accounting, analytics and HR to provide insights and guidance on the company’s financial performance. This role requires strong business acumen, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and excellent Excel and data mining skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with bias for action who is comfortable with ambiguity, communicating with multiple business partners, deep dive analytics, and loves to drive system and process improvements.
We are looking for someone who loves partnering with others and building budgets, forecasts with a killer set of analytic and reporting skills.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate across multiple teams with everyone from analysts, PMs to senior level managers to help spearhead budgeting and forecasting cycles across all business units.
- Build, constantly improve and manage company budget and forecast models for the P&L, balance sheet and cash flows.
- Report and be able to speak to financial results and related implications weekly and monthly to senior level managers and key stakeholders.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of complex financial information utilizing judgement and discretion.
- Identify trends, variances, and key issues and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Deliver innovative, high value-added financial information and support analysis to leadership for strategic planning and decision making.
- Perform ad hoc analysis in a variety of areas.
What You Will Bring:
- Strong budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles.
- Quick learner who is passionate about constant improvement.
- Openly welcomes feedback regarding any aspect of work performance.
- Can work independently without close supervision yet knows when to ask for help.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with business partners at various levels in a clear, concise and respectful manner.
- Ability to calmly work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic, willing to work hard with extra effort when needed to get the job done.
- Intellectually curious self-starter who is not afraid to seek out projects independently.
- Team player who fits our culture and enjoys building solid relationships with appropriate professionalism, humor and humility.
- Attention to detail and willingness to dig into the numbers to gain key insights.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years minimum business experience with 3 years or more in a FP&A
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, MBA a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel / PowerPoint and financial modeling skills.
- Tableau and ERP knowledge, specifically NetSuite and Oracle, is a plus.
Launched September, 2013, as an online home improvement network connecting homeowners with qualified professionals, Porch has grown into the industry leading partner for the home. With more than 250,000 active professionals across the U.S., Porch partners with large retailers like Walmart, Lowe’s, and Pottery Barn to provide home services fulfillment for their customers, as well as direct-to-consumer access to more than 160 different home services offerings through Porch.com. Focused on assisting customers at every stage of the “home journey” – including moving in, installations, assembly, repairs and ongoing maintenance – last year alone, the company facilitated over 2 million home-related projects, generating almost $1 billion in revenue for small business owners and sole proprietors in specialty areas such as plumbing, roofing, electrical work carpentry, and more.