Plexus is seeking an energetic individual with strong finance, accounting and analytical skills to join its Finance team, working primarily to support the growing accounting, planning, forecasting & reporting, as well as analytical needs of Plexus operations. The ideal candidate brings a high aptitude for systems and process, a strong sense of urgency and a strong work ethic. With partnership and oversite from the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Accounting will be a team member involved in and responsible for fund investor and SBA regulatory accounting and reporting, financial statement audits and fund examinations. Additionally, this person will serve as a business partner to other functional areas of the firm including Portfolio, Execution, Business Development, and Investment Operations teams.
With offices in Raleigh and Charlotte, NC, Plexus Capital, LLC (“Plexus”) is a private investment group with over $1 billion under management that provides growth capital to private, middle market companies through investments in subordinated debt and equity securities. Plexus is actively investing out of its $500 million fifth fund (Plexus Fund V) which had its final closing in July 2020. Plexus reviews over 1,200 unique transactions annually and typically completes 10–15 new platform investments per year.
Prepare and maintain interest schedules for portfolio company debt securities
· Perform ad hoc financial analysis as requested
· Facilitate annual planning and forecasting processes for Partner budgets
· Prepare investor financial statements for each investment fund
· Perform Small Business Investment Company regulatory reporting.
· Prepare information for Small Business Investment Company examinations.
· Perform various fund transactions activities include managing fund payables, updating cash accounts, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree in either preferred but not required.
· 5-7 years of progressive experience in small to medium sized businesses. Experience with financial services a plus.
· High aptitude for systemizing and efficiency in financial processes.
· Team orientation and confidence in your ability to thrive in a smaller; fast-paced organization.
· Self-driven project prioritization and management skills
· Excellent communication skills adaptable to speaking with peers, firm partners, firm investors as well as firm regulatory agencies.