Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products. Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
We are seeking a strong and experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing team in Reston, VA.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- Assist in the New and Existing Sales and Renewal measurement process
- Assist in the design, implementation and calculation of variable commission plans for the Sales Organization
- Assist in managing the annual budget process and rolling forecast process for the Sales and Marketing organizations
- Retrieve and analyze data and present reports to management for use in supporting operational and business objectives
- Collect financial and other data from numerous sources in various formats and translate it into a standard format
- Construct and apply statistical and/or financial models to support strategic initiatives
- Provide recommendations for improvement and written documentation that relates to the analysis of the data
- Work closely with Revenue Accounting and Sales Ops team to provide accurate and time sensitive worldwide sales data and evaluate new bookings performance versus established targets and initiatives, and track key performance indicators to assist in decision making processes
- Assist in creating standard and custom reports to conduct quantitative new, existing, and renewal Bookings, Product, Revenue and Segment analysis
- Provide support in collection, analysis, and reporting of sales related data
- Coordinate and guide accurate entry of opportunity records across all systems
- Work as part of a dynamic team to provide support for commission management and reporting
- Provide support in annual commission plan design and modeling efforts
- Formulate and develop variable compensation plans
- Analyze information obtained from historical analysis to insure compensation plans are consistent with corporate initiatives and define challenges
- Prepare recommendations for adjustments and enhancements on an ongoing basis to management
- Administer global sales compensation plan related to Sales Commissions to calculate variable commissions and review on an ongoing basis with management for payment approval
- Conduct reviews with appropriate parties to ensure accurate application of commission plans and optimal efficiency
- Work closely with Sales Operations team to communicate plans and results to sales organization
- Monitor new hire and termination data to update systems and distribute documented compensation plans, work with HR to understand offers and non-standard terms
- Document policies and procedures for all modifications on commission plans
- Assist with accounting and analysis of commission expenses
- Research and resolve commission related inquiries and exception requests
- Assist in development of annual budget and ongoing rolling forecast process
- Work closely with FP&A team and organizations across the company to develop accurate and timely budgets and forecasts for the Sales and Marketing organizations, gathering data and incorporating in Adaptive Insights system
- Accumulate results and prepare presentations to disseminate information to management for review and approval
- Assist in monthly Budget versus Actuals and Budget versus Forecast review process to assist management with decision making with timely and accurate monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting packages
- Formulate and develop financial models, modeling tools and simulations used in projections
- Analyze information obtained from models or simulations in order to define operational challenges, and then provide proposals for solutions
Prepare reports of findings for management to facilitate decision-making
- Work across departments to ensure successful implementation of solutions to operational challenges
- Test and validate statistical and financial models to ensure accuracy and validity
IS IT IN YOU?
- CPA or MBA or CFA designation preferred
- 3+ years of progressive experience in the field of Finance and Accounting (Experience managing financial, marketing and general business analysis, preferably in high-tech industries preferred)
- Proven track record of handling several complex business projects simultaneously and proven experience in preparing and making presentations to senior management
- Highly efficient and motivated self-starter with extensive experience in process re-engineering
- Strong knowledge in areas of complex financial modeling, accounting and financial reporting, plus financial and operational variance analysis
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, as well as many other PC based reporting/analysis tools and systems. Salesforce.com and Adaptive Insights experience a plus
- Possess superior qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong analytical and persuasive communication (written & verbal) skills
- Highly productive under pressure
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our Women@Plex and Pride@Plex groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.