Make your mark. With more than $17.5 billion of assets under management, Plante Moran’s Wealth Management Team serves as a trusted advisor to more than 2,400 high net worth individuals, family business owners, and corporate retirement plans helping them build, manage and preserve their wealth. Our integrated affiliate services include investment consulting, financial planning, trust, insurance consulting, estate planning, business succession, and tax planning.
As a Senior Trust Advisor, you’ll dive in with hands-on experience and substantial depth to drive the wealth and profitability of key clients. You’ll identify what you’re interested in while collaborating with staff at all levels of the firm and welcoming high-net-worth individuals and families into your client repertoire. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding fiduciary accounting and trust accounting system.
- Facilitating account opening/closing/transfer process.
- Facilitating written and verbal communications between internal and external clients including distribution requests, documentation, client meetings and other matters.
- Perform and monitor most aspects of daily trust administration for Trusts Officer’s book of business.
- Manage and review daily transactions and prepare receipts and disbursements.
- Serve internal and external clients alongside the Trust Officer, including communicating with legal, tax, and financial advisors when necessary.
- Researching trust terms unique to each relationship and governing document, to solve problems and support decision making.
- Share best practices with Trust team members. Participate in team meetings. Work on process improvement and institutionalize practices and procedures.
- Train, delegate to, and review work of Trust Advisors, Administrative, and Operations Team members.
- Build relationships internally with Partners and Staff and externally with attorneys and other referral sources.
- Undergraduate Business Degree (preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics) or Juris Doctor , or other advanced degree (LLM, MBA) is required
- 2-5 years of relevant Trust Administration, Financial Planning, Investment Consulting, or Estate Planning experience is preferred
- Detail-oriented leader with problem solving, strong analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Actively advancing technical skills in the Trust industry and in the financial services industry in general
- Pursuit of CTFA® will be required, if not already obtained. CFP® or CPA also beneficial but not required.
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Experience our difference
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.