Full Job Description
Position Title: Senior Manager, Finance & Strategy
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
What We Do
Our vision is to build the #1 digital commerce ecosystem within beverage alcohol. Our dual mission is to drive significant revenue growth as well as embed sustainable digital-first capabilities into the broader Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) ecosystem.
No industry is as ripe for disruption as BevAlc in the US, given prohibition era laws that differentiate us from broader food and beverage or luxury. BevAlc digital commerce transformation projected to take 5+ years has now occurred in the span of weeks, with no signs of slowing down. To win in this new environment, Pernod Ricard USA (PRUSA) has formed a new, dedicated eCommerce & Digital Growth business unit.
We are primarily based in NYC, with a hub in SF. We are a team where a start-up’s appetite for innovation, risk-taking, and speed meets the stability, infrastructure, and resources of a scale multi-national organization. This growing team is made up of members spanning commercial, performance marketing, creative/content, product, data science, operations, finance, and biz ops. We hail from eCommerce, start-up/tech, CPG, agency, and management consulting.
What You’ll Do
We seek a strategic & analytical leader, with a proven track record in influencing senior leadership and a demonstrated interest in P&L management, to join our Strategy, Finance, and Operations Team (SFO). In the early stages, your mission is to design & implement the infrastructure, systems, and processes required to stand up a new strategy and finance team. In steady state, your mission is to provide high quality strategic and financial guidance and decision support to eComm function leads and the broader finance community to grow topline sales and improve profitability for our fast growing B2C and B2B business lines.
You will be successful if you are energized by keeping pace with dynamic, rapidly evolving environments, and equally successful at driving flawless execution and crafting long term strategy.
- Lead / shape BU strategy
- Partner with the eComm Leadership Team to shape the longer-term BU strategic roadmap
- Act as the strategy lead for key cross-functional initiatives (e.g., DTC Strategy; B2B eCommerce)
- Lead / shape / build key analytics, insights, reporting, and finance capabilities
- Commercial Finance: Develop analytics and processes to provide insight and recommendations for topline and profitability improvement levers for all indirect eCommerce customers and segments
- Marketing Finance: Build and implement ROAS & CAC:LTV models for direct businesses to inform the marketing mix needed to hit growth goals
- Other Finance: Build & Manage eCommerce P&L, oversee key finance deliverables (accruals, advertising & promotion budgets, etc.)
- Partner with the Emerging Channels Team to build and scale new digital routes to consumer
- Support development of priority growth spaces
- Lead effort to ideate concepts, pilot and scale
- Serve as a highly visible internal eCommerce expert and evangelist to the broader finance and M&A community
- Foster a data-first mindset with the broader eComm BU
- Shape the team culture and continuously ensure we navigate the right balance of being integrated vs. incubated
- Lead and/or participate in 1 organizational culture & development initiative
What You Bring
- A team-first mentality – We will go farthest when we go together
- Highly analytical and structured thinker – You are passionate about creating measurement and frameworks
- Extreme execution & results focus – Success will be measured by your ability to drive revenue & share growth
- Natural Intellectual curiosity – Proactive self-learning is a must
- Prioritization & stakeholder management – You juggle competing stakeholders and priorities with ease and grace
- Compelling communication – Storytelling is your craft
- Eagerness to operate within a dynamic & evolving environment – Choices and priorities today may become obsolete tomorrow as the market transforms. The ability to not just adapt but thrive in such an environment is critical
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit – Initiative-taking and a bit of hustle are a core part of our DNA! Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a quantitative field; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Management Consulting and/or 5+ years of P&L management (topline & bottom-line) experience within CPG
- Spirits experience is a plus
- Strategy, and/or M&A experience is a plus
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :
Target End Date :