Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Cost Accountant manages the accounting activities for a processing plant in accordance with GAAP and Corporate accounting policies including timely and accurate financial reporting, operations analysis, preparation of the annual overhead, labor and capital budgets and complete the audit plan.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains proper accounting procedures and controls for a processing plant in accordance with GAAP and Company accounting policies and complete the annual audit plan requirements.
- In accordance with the Company accounting calendar, preparation of monthly closing activities for assigned areas of responsibility. Duties to include inventory control, balance sheet reconciliations, operations reporting, and analysis.
- Prepares weekly profit estimates and operating statistics as required. Works with the local management team to develop explanations/comments and action steps for the improvement of areas with unfavorable cost. Provides detailed analysis to the local management team that supports cost improvement within the facility.
- Participates in preparation of annual plan and capital budgets for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supports the plant clerical function and become proficient in using M-Tech and SAP inventory functions. Provides backup for the clerical position when on PTO.
- Provides Accounting Manager with support on adhoc projects.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 0 – 3 years related work experience
- Must possess strong math and analytical skills
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of GAAP. Requires an understanding of systems and software applications. Should have knowledge of poultry processing
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, i.e., Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of accounting/financial systems and software applications
- Should have knowledge of poultry processing
- Food industry experience preferably in poultry/protein or packaged goods industry. ERP experience preferred
- MBA preferred
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.