Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: We are looking for an energetic and innovative professional to join PayPal’s Corporate Strategy team. The team is responsible for helping PayPal’s leadership to make the big decisions that will guide the company’s future (including Venmo, Braintree and Xoom). Our team is highly visible within the organization, and our clients are PayPal’s team of senior global executives—including the President & CEO
- World class strategic and analytical thinking, with a demonstrated ability to synthesize multiple sources of information (quantitative and qualitative) to solve complex problems in a structured, data-driven way
- Leadership experience in, or providing strategic advice to, complex global organizations
- End-to-end management of complex, multi-faceted projects (e.g., scoping, deliverables, team)
- Superior communications (verbal, prose, PowerPoint) and influencing skills
- Track record of delivering tangible results
- People management and development skills
- Appetite to learn and comfortable with uncertainty
- Strategy development: Support the development of PayPal’s strategy, for both the company and individual business units
- Project management & execution: Manage strategic projects end-to-end, delivering actionable recommendations for key clients. Coordinate execution of recommendations with key stakeholders as needed
- Research & analysis: Conduct and/or lead key qualitative (e.g., primary research, synthesis of secondary data sources) and quantitative (e.g., Excel modelling) analysis in support of deliverables
- Thought leadership: Support PayPal’s senior leadership team by developing and articulating PayPal’s position on long-term strategic issues
- ~3-5 years of experience at a leading strategy consulting firm and/or corporate strategy team post-graduate school
- MBA or quantitative degree from a top school preferred
- Experience in financial services (particularly payments), technology and/or e-commerce preferred
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibility over time
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.