Full Job Description
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class finance organization and is looking for a top-notch Senior Financial Analyst to join our Marketing Finance team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Finance, this role will serve as a business and finance partner to the Marketing organization and leadership team to ensure that financial, strategic and operational objectives of the business are met. The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for providing financial support, controls, decision support and operational know-how to achieve business performance targets. The ideal candidate has an analytical mind, is a self-starter, is intellectually curious, a great communicator and is passionate about managing change in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will provide day to day financial support and business partnership to the Marketing team to ensure both compliance to company Finance procedures and policies as well as ensure optimal investment of Marketing resources. The candidate will leverage data and metrics to recommend ways to optimize the marketing investment.
- Financial planning and forecasting activities that include participating in the annual planning process as well as driving the monthly and quarterly forecasting process
- Manage monthly financial close activities
- Provide oversight and approval of Marketing spending and investment requests
- Be the subject matter expert on the full procurement cycle on how to request new vendors, submit contracts for review/signature, request purchase orders, and approve invoices for payment to vendors.
- Partner closely with the business partners to understand timing of spend and resource requirements to drive accurate monthly forecast of expense and headcount
- Generate critical Reporting, leveraging our systems and tools, that includes variance analysis, audit reports, metrics and other ad hoc analysis and reports to identify and communicate key trends, risks and opportunities
- Continuously explore enhancements and automation across our portfolio of reports and dashboards to expand knowledge and increase efficiency
- Understand how current tools are integrated and liaison with the appropriate business owners to enhance or fix issues with our existing integrations
- Partner with process owners to identify, drive, and implement process improvements
- Educate business partners on what information is necessary to drive ROI and metric reporting with the goal of standardization, data accuracy and repeatability
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics or related field; MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Finance, prior business partnering experience with Marketing is a plus
- Strong team player with the ability to engage and influence across multiple teams
- Good communication skills with a proactive and constructive style of engagement with business partners and the team
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Possesses intellectual curiosity and professional ownership with the ability to understand the business, beyond finance
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills both holistic and detailed and ability to build reports and access large volumes of data across multiple systems with a focus on being thorough and accurate
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models
- Expertise with Planning and ERP and Office systems such as SAP, SAP BPC and Google Suite
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact — this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.