At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Additionally, Palo Alto Networks is pioneering a new work model – FLEXWORK – that provides its more-than-8000 employees with flexible opportunities for work, learning, and benefits. Learn more here about who we are and how we are leading the next wave of change in cybersecurity and in the tech ecosystem.
Our Business organization, led by our President, is the heart and soul of Palo Alto Networks with 3K+ employees spread across Sales, Support, and Services. The Business organization tackles cross-functional strategic initiatives across Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance, and People teams. We are a “Special Forces” Strategy team that will tackle the most mission-critical and challenging initiatives in the Business organization to drive and support our industry-leading growth. This team will roll up directly to our President and will have unprecedented access to the CEO and Executives. We work on projects that move the needle, have major C-level “pull” and impact the company’s overall trajectory. We operate in an “unpolitical” and meritocratic environment as a tight-knit unit with a supportive, learning-oriented culture that enables our team members to thrive. Over time, we expect “graduates” from our Strategy team to take on important roles across the Business and the company and commit to coaching and supporting you on your journey!
Your work as a Strategy Associate will directly and visibly contribute to our overall strategy and success. As a strategy associate, you will work as a part of a problem-solving team assigned to solve complex strategy problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. You will work collaboratively to perform data analyses, develop and conduct internal and external surveys, formulate and test hypotheses, develop and package recommendations for presentation to management, support execution and manage a broad set of x-functional stakeholders.
- Work directly with a corporate strategy Principal / Lead to drive high-value workstreams as part of broader strategic initiatives to break down complex problems, develop and test hypothesis and drive x-functional alignment to deliver recommendations
- Lead thoughtful, creative and rigorous analysis (e.g., market sizing, competitive assessments, business models) to synthesize insights
- Develop and present high-quality recommendation and deliverables for executive level consumption and actively contribute to associated strategy and execution discussions
- Work collaboratively across a cross-functional set of stakeholders to gather the right information, prove / disprove your hypothesis, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and ultimately unlock value
- Support strategy / business planning processes and assist with developing strategic capabilities across the organization
- Drive change across the organization and be willing to wear multiple hats (strategy development, project management, and execution) to do what it takes to “move the needle”
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience (pre-MBA), or recent MBA graduates with up to 2 years of post-MBA experience with at least 2 years in management consulting (McKinsey, Bain, BCG) or top-tier tech strategy or “bizops” functions (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
- MBA graduate from a top-tier B- school or similar academic credentials or “direct promote” in Consulting
- Robust analytical skillset mixed with endless curiosity and open-mindedness
- Effective verbal & written presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to Executive-level audiences
- Collaborative team player willing to go beyond strategy in order to support execution and realization
- Independent thinker and Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments with minimal supervision; a proven record of leadership in a work setting
- and/or Enterprise technology experience are a plus
- Additional relevant experience with large transformations is a plus
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks