This Senior Manager Strategic Finance role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be leading the FP&A functions and will be spear-heading the company’s monthly financial forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special presentations/projects. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to the VP Finance USA.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and expenses.
- Provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, annual operating plan and business modeling tools.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for developing the long range strategic plan.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis including on-going Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, menu pricing, new projects.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as Manager or Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong and proven mastery of valuation techniques such as Discounted Cash Flows and key financial concepts such NPV, IRR, and TMV.
- Strong evidence of putting together business cases and strategic plans.
- Strong leadership skills required; ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple/succinct manner to an audience of different skill levels.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI skills are absolutely required.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization of multiple stake-holders.
- Ability to digest vast amounts of information and communicate it is a simple yet comprehensive format.
Experience in multi-unit hospitality or theme parks concept.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized are a must.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity