Full Job Description
The Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) Business Partner understands Otsuka’s business strategy and provides financial planning and analytics solutions for Otsuka’s Research and Development (R&D) business.
This role acts as a finance business partner for development projects and/or functions, including developing and managing budgets, reviewing and supporting forecasting, providing framework and analytics for investment prioritizations, providing day-to-day support and strategic analysis for short and long term investment decisions to drive the growth and success of R&D.
The successful FP&A Business Partner acts as a champion for the business, monitoring the effect of business decisions on Otsuka’s financials and advises senior management appropriately.
This individual is not afraid to challenge the status quo. He/she will deliver innovative financial management strategies that yield strategic competitive advantage to Otsuka.
Must be able to assesses and anticipate client needs and identify new opportunities for the R&D Finance function to enhance sustained value.
The successful person is learning agile and able to deal with ambiguity, translating complex issues into clear and coherent solutions.
- Acts as the financial point of contact for business and understands the risks and opportunities behind financial decisions
- Drives the financial planning and decision making process for responsible projects or functions (budget, forecast, long range plan) to provide insightful and influential forward looking direction, to develop key scenarios, and to identify key risks/uncertainties and plans for potential mitigation.
- Provides financial analyses tools to measure and prioritize investment decisionsIdentifies areas of opportunity for spending efficiencies
- Incorporates and shares Financial Stewardship principles across R&DManages accrual and accounting process across the business
- Ensures data integrity and delivery of financial reporting, including summarizing all types of expenses and provides input and analysis on key expense trends and metrics.
- Focus on process enhancements and continuous improvement
Finance/Accounting BS degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Pharmaceutical R&D experienced preferred
- Understands financial elements of the R&D business
- Experience with management reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial valuations.
- Proficient with financial systems, such that they can produce accurate and timely financials
- Superior interpersonal, communicationand influencing skills with a keen focus on customer service is required
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workindependently, take initiative and complete tasks to deadlines
- Strong consensus building and negotiation skills
- Strong managerial/leadership skills
- Experience working in a team based, matrix organization as a financial business partner preferred
- Experience working globally, particularly with Japan, a plus
- Must be self-confident and ask questions to bring clarity to issues related to the team overall success
- Must be open and flexible to the changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including Excel modeling, and experience creating professional presentations in PowerPoint is required
- Able to contribute innovative ideas and implement improvements
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka .
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External . Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.