State and Local Tax Senior Analyst-20000YTX
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Oracle is looking for a state and local tax senior analyst to join our state income tax reporting team. This position will primarily be responsible for preparation and review of state income tax filings and the quarterly/annual provision. This position will also assist with state income tax research analysis and will assist with the resolution of income/franchise tax notices.
Job Specifics & Responsiblities Include:
- Prepare and review state and local income tax returns, state modifications and multi-state allocation and apportionment;
- Prepare and review state and local income tax quarterly estimates and extensions;
- Assist with the preparation and review the quarterly and annual state and local tax income tax provision;
- Assist with the resolution of income/franchise tax notices;
- Assist with state and local income tax research analysls;
- Assist with the monitoring of legislation and regulatory development; and
- Assist with the implementation of process improvements and data automation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Business-related field;
- At least 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in Public Accounting and/or industry, state and local income tax experience, and tax provision accounting experience;
- Working knowledge of compliance software systems – CorpTax preferred;
- Working knowledge of research platforms (e.g. IntelliConnect, BNA, RIA);
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Ability to work under pressue to ensure deadlines are met.
Detailed Description and Job RequirementsCompiles information for statutory reports as well as internal tax reporting. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
Be an integral partner in Oracle’s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Assist with governmental audits, internal audits and/or fiscal recharges. Ensure company complies with worldwide statutory tax reporting specifications. Focus areas include transfer pricing and intercompany transactions. identify international assignment tax issues for employees working in another country. Develop strategies to minimize corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. 5 plus years experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire