Manager, Network Strategy – El Segundo, CA
We’re looking for an ambitious, strategic, and detail oriented teammate to drive network strategy and contract execution for our institutional partnerships (ancillary and hospital) in our southern CA market. This teammate will be responsible for managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, developing network strategy, and driving the development and execution of contracts.
The role will provide significant exposure to our leadership team (regional VPs and senior Medical Directors), with excellent opportunity for advancement for successful candidates.
- Negotiating new contracts to add ancillary and hospital partners to Optum’s California network
- Renegotiating contracts with existing contracted ancillary providers and hospitals
- Partnering with company leadership to identify new strategic opportunities
- Operationalizes contract documentation and execution process
Role requires excellent communication skills, expertise in data analysis, ability to work independently, and comfort dealing with internal and external parties, in order to:
- Negotiate and implement institutional (ancillary and hospital) contracts in geographically diverse areas for existing and developing provider networks, including the preparation of supporting documentation
- Coordinate the completion of pre-contractual activities such as driving strategic conversation with regional leadership teams, senior management, etc.
- Coordinate contract documentation and interface with Claims, Care Management, Payor Contracting and other departments as necessary to ensure proper administration of contracts
- Develop and maintain client relationships with external partners
- Oversee and negotiate patient-specific Letters of Agreement for patients in non-contracted hospitals
- Drive ongoing analysis of contracting needs including assessment of claims and utilization data to identify areas for new and re-negotiated contracts
- Negotiate disputed claims to obtain a mutually satisfactory recommendation for settlement
- Respond to correspondence and other communications in a professional and timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college
- Master’s degree (MBA, MHA, JD, etc.) preferred
- Minimum: Over 3 years of healthcare experience in hospital, provider, ancillary, or payor contracting
- Preferred: More than 5 years of hospital, provider, ancillary, or payor contracting experience in the Southern California market
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- Paid CME time with allowance
- For addtional provider (Physician, Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner) benefits