We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager-Strategic Sourcing-Perioperative/Orthopedic and Capital Services.
In this role, the successful candidate as the the Manager is responsible for developing/enhancing contract and supplier management strategies and achieve target savings for Perioperative/Orthopedic and Capital Services spend at NYU Langone Health. The Manager will play a leading role in assisting various departments implement sourcing changes from start to finish. The Manager will work to execute these projects by guiding the staffs of Sourcing Leader, Sourcing Specialist and Contract Admin, while collaborating with internal team’s including but not limited to Data Management, Procurement, Planning and Operations, and Value Analysis (VA). The Manager must be able to identify problems, utilize resources and information on hand, and make swift but effective decisions or impactful recommendations to leadership team. The Manager reports to the Associate Director, Clinical/Research Sourcing.
- Relationship Building Manages requestor/end-user expectation to ensure sourcing strategies align with departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works with requestor/end-user to periodically review supplier effectiveness; remain abreast of evolving needs and keep requestor/end-user aware of evolving market capabilities.
- Contract Background – Must be able to analyze contracts, terms and conditions, and ramifications of contractual verbiage as it relates to the product, service, supplier in question and those ramifications within the hospital. Develops contracts supporting our business requirements, including clearly defined service expectations/goods specifications, performance measurement practices and shortfall remedies.
- Supplier Relationship Management – Manages and enhances existing contracts with key suppliers through quarterly business reviews. Identifies and implements changes to help strengthen business partnerships.
- Supplier Selection and Contracting – Establishes business cases supporting sourcing recommendations. Conducts negotiations with suppliers on pricing and contractual terms and conditions and develops contracts supporting our business requirements, including clearly defined service expectations/goods specifications, performance measurement practices and shortfall remedies.
- Analyzation Skills – Must possess problem solving skills and capable of analyzing and interpreting data both financially and qualitatively in order to present and interpret outcomes. Must be able to use data to make recommendation to leadership.
- Market Evaluations – Interprets market and competitive intelligence through formal and informal processes. Advocates competitive decision-making in the most efficient, least resource-intense process and evaluates supplier capabilities to meet our needs through fair and thorough techniques.
- Sourcing Strategies -Defines sourcing strategies that optimize value in light of requestor/end-user needs and market conditions. Ensures the team achieves project timing, service and savings objectives. Identifies most beneficial means to access markets and drive the supplier behavior accordingly.
- Assesses Needs and Initiate Sourcing Projects Partners with key stakeholders and guides Sourcing Leader in initiating new projects based on high spend profile, potential for savings, upcoming contract expirations, process improvement, capital projects, and other related value add. Assists internal clients specify needs and define supplier performance expectations. Analyzes and validate policies and practices driving demands.
- Business Process Optimization Analyzes business needs and partners with internal clients to improve business processes within (but not limited to) Supply Chain Department
- Cost Savings Will identify, implement and quantify strategic sourcing savings opportunities.
Additional Position Specific Responsibilities:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Minimum of five (5) years strategic sourcing responsibilities and of which, two (2) years are associated with managing Perioperative/Orthopedic products and services within healthcare organizations.
High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
Knowledge of procurement/sourcing process
Desired Skills Sets:
o Organizational Savvy;
o Excellent written and verbal communication;
o Excellent presentation skills;
o Excellent customer service skills;
o Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to work with data in excel
Ability to follow a process based on documented guidelines.
The candidate has the ability to take direction form senior leaders in department
To qualify you must have a To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in a related field. Minimum of 5 years experience or equivalent related to strategic sourcing responsibilities for various commoditiesboth products and services within and outside healthcare organizations. Must demonstrate leadership of sourcing initiatives of a highly complex nature to accomplish implementations on both a departmental and cross-enterprise basis
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.