Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
Provides P&L management with insight into the financial performance of the business while providing financial support to translate strategy into execution. Responsible for financial analysis, planning, and reporting activities. Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts for corporate financial planning and control. Responsible for performing all the month close activities, generating financial reporting including monthly management P&Ls, KPI data for business reviews for the organization, and supporting data generation for all business support, Std cost maintenance, vendor stock reconciliations, Inventory reconciliation, and ad hoc analysis.
- Partners with the corporate accounting and FP&A group to manage and leads the month-end close process
- Supports month-end close reports, salesforce KPIs, monthly management P&Ls, content for business reviews, and Executive Committee business reviews, to support long-term planning efforts
- Creates month-end close reports, salesforce KPIs, monthly management P&Ls, content for business reviews, Executive committee business reviews
- Contributes to insights into data trends and business to enhance actionable and accurate information for decision support
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost-saving or profit-generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies
- Prepares budget versus actual performance analysis, headcount analysis, and guarantee valuations
- Facilitates tracking and analyzing data to support long-term planning during quarterly reporting of company financials
- Communicate Daily Cycle Count Accuracy Reporting.
- Investigate Root Cause and Analysis for inventory discrepancies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Cost accounting experience, Inventory experience
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, MBA or Advanced Degree in Accounting/Finance
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
Less than 10%
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here. NuVasive’s EEO policy is available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.