Sr. Manager, Business Improvement & Development – (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Senior Manager, Business Improvement & Development, Phosphate reports to the Senior Director, Business Improvement & Development, Nitrogen & Phosphate and is responsible for the success of the development and execution of the Phosphate business improvement and development strategy. They will be responsible for the execution of the business level strategy. They will lead a varied portfolio of projects designed to enhance the value of the Phosphate business.
What you will do:
- Lead the Phosphate Business Improvement & Development (PBI&D) team to support the execution and successful delivery of the Phosphate strategy
- Lead and empower a strong and focused team to execute on the overall portfolio of Phosphate initiatives
- Develop internal capabilities within own team and with rotational resources/SME’s, complete performance evaluations, and provide ongoing coaching
- Manage and measure progress and results delivered across initiatives, identify and proactively address potential risks
- Lead the codification, sharing, and implementation of best practices across teams and sites
- Be a thought leader in Phosphate by being an expert on evolving trends in the industry (and beyond) to determine potential implications on Phosphate’s strategy (e.g. seek out external conferences, industry experts etc.)
- Facilitate collaborative stakeholder engagement (e.g., site leadership, Phosphate business unit leadership, executive leadership team, etc.) across the organization to build buy-in and alignment on the Nitrogen strategy, its execution and overall program governance
- Continuously identify new and innovative opportunities for 3rd party partnerships in support of the Phosphate strategy; lead the screening, assessment, establishment and operation of these partnerships
- Facilitate change management, including development and deployment of methodologies, tools, processes, and training to support the change
- Lead the strategic planning process at the business level, in coordination with the CD&S team
- Support and lead analysis of opportunities, providing recommendations to senior leadership on contract negotiation, disclosure, financial analysis and risk assessment
- Work with stakeholders right across the organization to continually grow and evolve the execution strategy and maximize value for the Phosphate Business line
- Accountable for the Phosphate Continuous Improvement Program – Support the business in developing the long-term improvement plans, ensuring there are clear action plans in place which are being executed and delivered against
What you will bring:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to build relationship across the business groups including Sales, Transportation, Distribution & Logistics, Operations, Finance, Strategic Procurement, Engineering, Technology & Capital and IT
- A university degree (Engineering, Commerce, Finance), with MBA preferred)
- 5+ years related and progressive work experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills
- Capability of working with a diverse group of people to drive cohesion and direction on business improvement projects
- High level of business acumen
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to approach problems from multiple perspectives
- Solid understanding of finance and key financial measures
- Ability to perform in an ambiguous environment; can quickly adapt to changes in schedule and direction
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented team environment, and interface with various levels of management and leadership
- Ability to think strategically and an attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changes in schedules and direction when necessary
- Experience with culture change is considered an asset
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran