We are currently on the lookout for someone to manage the business metrics and project delivery for our Chassis Engineering and Vehicle Dynamics (CEVD) department, as we bring our disruptive technology to market!
CEVD Business Manager manages:
- Program Metrics
- Budget (OPEX and CAPEX)
- Cost Tracking (Piece price, ED&D, Tooling)
- Program Timing
As the CEVD Business Manager, you will have high visibility and responsibility for delivery. Your problem-solving skills with first-hand knowledge of PM Tools and the APQP process is an absolute must as you:
- Create/follow timelines to ensure the CEVD meets program milestones according to Nikola’s development process
- Collaborate closely with CEVD engineers, Program Management, Purchasing/Supply Chain and Finance
- Support development and implementation of process disciplines
- Take personal responsibility for the team’s success by holding the team accountable, ensuring proper meeting cadence, elevating effectively when needed
- Use risk management approach to anticipate and prevent problems from occurring, elevate risks to the department head when/if they occur
- Follow tooling sources to track progress and alleviate any issues that may affect the timing
- Prepare CEVD for Program Gate Reviews
- Provide regular program status reports to senior management
Success in your role requires:
- Five years of experience with engineering budgeting, cost tracking, Gantt charts, open issue lists and responsibility tracking.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the automotive/trucking or similar industry with experience in at least one cross-functional area (Quality, Engineering, Operations, or Program Management).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (MBA or PMP Certification is preferred)
- Excellent planning, collaboration, and facilitation skills to coordinate and leverage capabilities across a highly matrixed organization involving multiple products, channels & functions
- Experience with vehicle electrification programs
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with an understanding of problem-solving tools and key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to plan and manage complex projects crossing over many departmental lines
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, to all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills
- High Energy / Flexible / Adaptable / Dynamic / “can-do” attitude
- High comfort and confidence level while giving presentations to room of peers and/or stakeholders
- Ability to influence and thrive within a rapidly changing / growing matrix organization
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally ~ 25-40%
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.