Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Our purpose is to unite the world through sport to create a healthy planet, active communities and an equal playing field for all. At NIKE, we understand that the future of the global economy can and must be fundamentally reimagined when the baton is passed to the next generation. We stand at the forefront of sustainable design thinking. New technology, product innovation, + creative business models will serve to accelerate our mission.
The path before us is uncharted. This makes the work that much more exciting. We seek the best and brightest to join us in our commitment to making the world a better place for all athletes*. If you have an entrepreneurial heart, and have passion for building a long term model, then let’s talk.
In the role of a Nike Sustainable Innovation Intern you will embed sustainability into innovation initiatives, providing technical expertise and project support. You will partner with innovation teams to drive impact against our Nike Inc. Move to Zero Sustainability strategy focused on the reduction of carbon, waste, water and chemistry.
You will receive hands-on experience working as a creative innovator and deliverer of unique solutions that help make athletes better and the world better for athletes. You will work closely with multiple functional teams within and outside innovation, including Sustainable Innovation, Engineering, Sport Research, Reliability & Test, Digital Product & Experience, Product Creation, Design, Sustainable Product and other Nike team members.
Your ability to work with a broad range of functions, personalities, and technologies is a key aspect of this intern position.
Join us and help create and protect the future of sport.
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in Engineering, Textiles, Polymer Science, Environmental Science, Business or a related field.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Graduation date of December 2021 or May/June 2022
- Knowledge of industrial test methods and standards
- A basic understanding of fiber extrusion techniques and subsequent post-production processes including texturizing, knitting, weaving, dying, and finishing chemistry and/or ability to use techniques from signal processing, pattern recognition, sensor fusion, time-series analysis, machine learning, and other areas of machine intelligence to create innovative sensor algorithms that enable rich sport experiences.
- Strong project management expertise with an understanding of change management
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Problem solver with a focus on positivity while working through complex issues
- Passion for sustainability and general sustainability skills/knowledge, including experience in corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- Familiarity with software tools and libraries for real-time senor data visualization is preferred
- Experience with programming on embedded microcontrollers is preferred
- Experience programming in C/C++ and a mathematical modeling language (MATLAB/Python) is preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.