Who We Are
We’re NFP, a three-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, and 2019. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Sr Financial Analyst (SFA) will have oversight and responsibility for all financial functions within the Southern CA west region as well as assisting the regional accounting team with daily accounting/finance responsibilities, such as, month end close, financial system updates and producer compensation. SFA participates in the development of financial and accounting strategies, objectives and operating plans to meet business growth and profitability goals. SFA will be required to manage the financial forecast and budgets to support the attainment of those goals and objectives in a way that is consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements. SFA will interact with all levels within the organization to ensure completeness and accuracy to the financial close.
ESSENTIAL CORE ACCOUNTING/FINANCE FUNCTIONS
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the business’ fiscal function and performance.
- Work in conjunction with leadership in the development of programs and initiatives
- Provide strategic advisory to leadership on operational efficiencies, financial policies, and business strategy
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter; Provide information and advice on or negotiate the financial aspects of any legal dispute or action
- Create annual budgets and forecasts, including identify major drivers and opportunities/risks; update as needed
- Provide regular financial reporting and analysis to both regional and corporate management
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties year-over-year variations of actual or projected financial result
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties any variations of actual results from budget/forecast
- Advise on compensation of new hires, formulate and periodically update budget for additional payroll and new hires
- Acquisition accounting including due diligence and monthly close
- Support system conversions to bring acquisitions on platform
- Support change in accounting methods for acquisitions
- Execute on various regional accounting initiatives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred
- Insurance brokerage or public accounting experience is highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance or accounting in a rapidly growing organization
- Experience with Lawson, Cognos, & an insurance agency management system software is a plus
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, reporting systems, and capacity to learn new systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate in a highly focused, entrepreneurial environment with expectation to challenge and influence business decisions based on data driven analytics
- Must be a self-starter who thrives on taking ownership over their work and responsibilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally present financial information to senior management and corporate executives
- Demonstrated ability to learn the business and have a business and customer centric approach to finance and accounting leadership
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate complex business problems and provide well thought out solutions
- Detail oriented with strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Collaborative team player
- Proven record to meet critical deadlines and handle a diverse workload
- Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Must be able to accommodate up-to 10% overnight travel
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.