You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee.
Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
This role is a Sr. financial analyst co-pilot, reporting to the Finance Manager, and will be responsible for supporting portfolio businesses within the Baking Division.
The Finance co-pilot analyst role is responsible to work and support the brand as a strategic business partner to the commercial team including brand marketing teams, CSD team, and other key business functions and be responsible for lead for short term and long term planning processes.
You will be able to effectively interact, collaborate and communicate across multiple functions in the organization, collaborating and building consensus to get results for the brands you are responsible for.
As the co–pilot analyst, you will play a co-leadership role by providing the team with accurate and timely financial information and analysis, making and implementing sound recommendations to profitably grow the business, as well as improving operating costs for the brand.
- Manage/Facilitate/Participate in Key processes (MBP, MBS, ICP, OP, SKU Rationalization and I2L).
- Financial Analysis & Decision Support: Co-Lead multi-functional teams by working closely with division marketing, supply chain, sales and operational teams to improve business performance across all P&L line items. Co-Lead and champion actions and projects that improve operating costs or grow sustainable business profitably.
- Responsible to create and analyze new Products P&L and make recommendations for Marketing and Sales team (I2L).
- Perform ad hoc analysis and work on special projects as requested by management.
- Support the initiatives of NUSA through active participation in cross-organizational (and/or cross-functional) teams.
- BA/BS with major in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Essbase, SAP and B/W
- Willingness to relocate for career advancement
- CPA, CMA, CFM, CCE, MBA
- Food industry experience
Strongly preferred technical skills:
- Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism).
- Hands-on knowledge of financial documents, including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Confirmed ability to design financial & non-financial measurements and key performance indicators to drive improved business performance.
- You are results focused, a self-starter with strong initiative, naturally inquisitive, able to think independently and has a desire to make a difference.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and forecasting for cost centers / balance sheet accounts.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, return on investment, Economic Profit, etc.
- Ability to understand and communicate the drivers of product profit & loss.
- Complex financial modeling skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing.
- Computer skills: MS Windows including intermediate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; basic Access, and working knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, SAP, B/W.
Confirmed ability to:
- Effectively lead multiple priorities by choosing those deliverables that will have the highest impact on the performance results.
- Manage/organize time, information, and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis.
- Network across functional and divisional silos.
- Influence business decisions with concrete financial support.
- Positively resolve conflicts.
- Work independently in solving business issues and taking initiative.
- Partner with the customer / other functional teams to drive business results and meet deliverables.
- Recommend possible strategic courses of action to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Identify risks and opportunities.
- Lead projects.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal form, including presentation skills.