Job Category: Market Research/Marketing Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Job ID: 20001399
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé USA, we are committed to providing high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we are empowered to make meaningful contributions that positively impact our families, communities and planet. With our portfolio of global brands, the opportunities to innovate and grow are limitless. As the world’s leading food and beverage company, our focus is not only about delighting our customers, it’s about enriching you!
The Marketing & Strategy Manager drives and implements critical growth driving initiatives through three key levers: portfolio approach, strategy, and business model incubation; and acts as Chief of Staff to the Marketing Director over our Creamers Category. In this position you’ll initiate and own the overall strategy for the total portfolio and assist in driving activities that strengthen the performance of the overall team by creating the operating routines that allow for better planning, communication and prioritization. You’ll be creatively challenged with having a pulse on key category driving trends and emerging white space opportunities to formulate and implement strategies that deliver business acceleration, with responsibility for leading end-to-end planning, development and implementation of portfolio acceleration initiatives and leading the team to execute the right strategies to incubate projects and products in the market.
- Develop clear and compelling portfolio strategies that maximizes profitable growth by unlocking category white spaces, driving household penetration, and improving loyalty and buyrate.
- Develop business model and commercialization innovation strategy for creamers portfolio, inclusive of strategy for incubator business segments
- Lead and coordinate the annual planning process for the marketing team, including MBS (3 year strategic plan), ICP, and Annual Business Plan
- Develop integral communications and operations plan for the staff to drive goal clarity and prioritization within the team
- Formulate, develop and sell-in the overall portfolio strategy to determine which category white-spaces need to be addressed in portfolio expansion
- Where appropriate, evaluate opportunity and create a new portfolio/category digital communications plan including recommended touchpoint plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship and measurement
- Unlock go-to-market and commercialization strategies that enable incremental in-store SKU placements
- Drive business model innovation, growth accelerators and enablers, and white space identification to accelerate profitable growth.
- Achieve results through the organization, mentorship, and influence of peers, and cross-functional partners, coach team to ensure that the training activities achieve mutual, agreed upon objectives.
- Participate in talent recruitment and selection to staff the organizations with the best people for current jobs, as well as future leadership, promoting workforce diversity.
- Drive alignment on strategic functional decisions for the team and lead by example to empower and encourage direct reports and cross-functional teams supporting the brand to exceed high performance targets and development plans
- Actively communicate expectations and provide regular feedback and training against performance targets/ development goals through a robust performance management process.
- Explore and incorporate innovative approaches to brand innovation in the portfolio innovation strategy including new business models, distribution strategies, concept incubation, and strategic partnerships.
- Proactively partner with cross-functional (sales, operations, product development and finance) and external specialists, generate innovation ideas then select winning opportunities to pursue for brand innovation and renovation.
- Understand, validate and/or develop the consumer’s hidden universal truths to drive relevant communications, innovation, renovation, and portfolio strategy
- Identify and understand what the brands stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers Identify and address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace in order to build a learning plan in collaboration with OMNI/Shopper Marketing and Market Research. Lead commercialization and build business plan for new product opportunities
Requirements and Minimum Education:
- Bachelors degree required, MBA or Masters degree in Marketing is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in marketing required.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and or agency partners is required
- Experience developing strategic plans, such commercialization strategies is required
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights to understand consumer behavior and driving this to winning action is required
- Strong financial fluency and proven ability to drive results through proactive problem solving
- People leadership experience
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is preferred