Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
This position supports the Sales Finance team by providing financial/economic analysis to assure/facilitate the
optimal use of commercial resources for scope of customer responsibility. Ensures that sales operations adhere to
financial, legal requirements and Nestlé Accounting practices.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the development of the customer/channel strategy and trade plan including the follow through to all elements commercial execution and collaborates with commercial team to drive analysis of business trends, division/broker market spending and profitability.
- Partners with Trade Support Team and Broker Administration in compliance with Nestle Trade Policy and Procedures. Provides support for unauthorized customer claims and works with support team to review, format, distribute and automate reports for payments and other trade related needs.
- Optimize trade spend investments: Identify the most efficient & effective way to perform pre& post evaluation (financial & commercial) and ensure that the analysis is completed; learning log is maintained with key learnings implemented. Ensure procedures are in place to determine if Nestlé is getting performance in line with customer agreements.
- Custodian of internal controls and assurance that trade spend practices comply with internal and external guidelines.
- Provide financial insights for business growth with Customer Facing Supply Chain initiatives and measures of success, including Distributor Best Practice Management.
- Partner with Customer Finance organization to facilitate discussion on order to cash payment cycle and to provide financial guidance in customer negotiations.
- Improve Customer Sales Team business acumen through training and ongoing Finance and Sales Analysis.
- Validates and sense checks the forecast for scope of responsibility (NNS, TTS, Customer Contribution) to ensure alignment with monthly business planning and the Dynamic Forecast
- Supervision will be provided by Finance Manager as needed.
- No direct reports to position.
- Sales Financial Analyst will impact businesses by analyzing information with Marketing, Sales, Service, Manufacturing and Supply Chain and by developing recommendations to improve business performance.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance or a Bachelor of Business Administration with MBA credits in Finance
- Three (3) years of work experience in accounting, financial or sales trade analysis
- Strong teamwork skills – Ability to get along well with all levels of personnel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills – Ability to draw conclusions from information and develop recommendations
- Self-starter, naturally inquisitive, ability to think independently
- Strong ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines with accurate information
- Strong Excel Program skills, including writing macro’s and pivots
- Strong database management skills in a P.C. environment
- SAP System experience (including Business Warehouse and Business Planning Systems) desirable
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change priorities as needed
- Strong project management skills
- Must be detail oriented and accuracy driven
- Interactions with all levels within the various business organizations
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.