Alacrity Medical Innovations (AMI) seeks to transform the treatment of minor bleeding, initially for patients on anticoagulant medications (“blood thinners”) and ultimately for a broader population. We seek to develop a novel, convenient device for anticoagulated patients to stop minor bleeding events at home and healthcare provider use in hospitals and clinics.
– Market research to understand payor (i.e. Medicare) receptivity to the device.
– Market research to understand patient receptivity to the device.
– Design a simple health care professional survey that can be given to physicians and nurses to gauge interest
– Producing an NPV forecast
This internship requires a commitment of 10 hours per week over 16 weeks, and is available starting in May.
This internship is supported in part by a grant from the North Carolina Biotechnology Center through the Industrial Internship Program.
1. Prior business experience
2. Proactive nature
3. A willingness to learn, ask questions, and take on projects
4. Hard worker
5. Strong analytical capabilities and proficiency with Excel
6. Prior experience in the biomedical / medical device pharmaceutical field would be an advantage but not critical
7. Undergraduates or graduate students considered