Business Development & Strategy
Universal Studio Group
The Universal Studio Group (USG) Strategy and Business Development department is a highly visible function that works closely with USG senior management. The group works on a wide range of strategic initiatives including identifying and assessing key growth opportunities, operating efficiencies and investments on behalf of the Studio.
Reporting to the SVP of Strategy & Business Development, the Manager role is a unique, critical, and highly visible one at USG. This position plays a key, active role on a high caliber team driving Universal Studio Group’s strategy and transactional activity. The successful candidate supports the team’s effort in formulating corporate and business strategy while analyzing business opportunities to drive both organic and inorganic growth. Specific projects will include research, analysis, modeling, and forming recommendations related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, M&A or strategic investments (including talent deals), competitive threats and internal business performance improvement.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates for the Manager position. This candidate is an independent, analytical, and intellectually curious individual who can structure analyses and strategies and articulate findings to a wide range of business leaders, including senior leadership at USG as well as throughout the broader NBCUniversal organization.
- Contribute expertise and perspective toward the development of USG’s near term and long-range strategy
- Facilitate long-range planning activities, including presenting to senior leadership
- Analyze and develop points of view on trends and market forecasts, potential partners, and competitors, critically thinking about the implications for USG
- Work closely with senior management to identify growth initiatives and opportunities that can drive incremental profitability across USG business units
- Develop analyses and presentation materials to improve the tactical execution or long-term strategy of the TV group, including talent investments, target company evaluations, commercial partnerships, market assessments and competitor benchmarking
- Create compelling presentation materials that effectively communicate key findings and recommendations to senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business, or related field from top university
- Minimum 3+ years relevant industry experience (strategic planning, management consulting, business development or investment banking, ideally in the entertainment industry).
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends with short notice
- The role requires excellent strategic reasoning, exceptional quantitative skills and financial acumen, and strong relationship-building skills
- The individual must possess the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior executives to business unit managers and third parties
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author succinct, high quality presentations with clear strategic recommendations, packaged concisely for presentation to a range of stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel and in synthesizing data for an executive audience in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adaptability and flexibility to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and dynamic environment
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective under pressure
- Strong interest and passion in Television, with the ability to learn complex industry topics quickly
- MBA is a plus, but not required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.