Pulled from the full job description
Opportunities for advancement
Full Job Description
As part of National Grid’s continued commitment to safety, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason can request a reasonable accommodation.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Analyst for our New England FP&A department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our NE Team. You will support the plan to perform process across National Grid USA to deliver annual operating budgets, as well as longer-term business plans, with finance and business insights. You will work with Finance Business Partnering teams regarding key assumptions that will drive results and strategy of businesses and groups.
- For each relevant business or group, produce budgets, models and associated documents in line with both Corporate FP&A and wider business needs
- Collaborate with Finance Business Partnering to: 1. Develop, drive and challenge business assumptions that are critical to each relevant businesses or group in respect of short-term results and longer-term strategy 2. Run scenario analyses and other ad-hoc requests for key investment decisions, prospective rate filings, etc.
- Collaborate with the wider FP&A team in respect of consolidated National Grid USA budgets and business plans; Support the requirements, governance and timeline of the overarching plan to perform process
- Partner with Accounting counterparts within the Controllership to ensure proper tie-in between record to report and plan to perform processes (i.e. bridge from actuals to budget/forecast)
- Support continued step-change to improve plan to perform process while maintaining necessary SOX requirements
- Work with peers within the US controllership to drive an inclusive and collaborative team environment
- Budgeting and long-term financial planning
- Financial analysis
- US GAAP and IFRS accounting
- Utility accounting and finance experience (preferred)
- Finance/budgeting systems
- Effective business partnerships
- Working cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA preferred or MBA in Finance or Business preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive finance experience
- FP&A or Big 4 Consulting background preferred
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.