At Murphy Oil Corporation, we believe the rich experiences and backgrounds of our employees strengthen our Company, create a productive workforce, and drive our success. We encourage you to apply for the positions for which you meet the qualifications.
The Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting a multitude of risk-related activities, including Insurance Placement, Claims Disposition, Enterprise Risk Management, and Credit Management.
- Provides decision support analysis for insurance program design and procurement
- Gathers and communicates Murphy exposure information to brokers and underwriters
- Handles disposition of minor claims independently
- Supports management of major claims
- Interacts with partners, senior managers, brokers, underwriters, and claims adjusters
- Provides modeling and analytic input to the enterprise risk management process
- Creates reports and presentations for senior managers and the Board of Directors
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors, and reports on credit risk, and mitigates risk
- Establishes and maintains credit lines for customers globally
- Maintains current or proposed customer files, limits, and action plans
- Maintains relations with current or proposed customers
- Supports other departments to establish credit lines for Murphy Oil Corporation and subsidiaries
- Supports collection processes for bad debt accounts
- Stays informed on trends and developments in insurance markets, risk factors, and credit management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of Economic/Financial Modeling or combination of experience in business planning, management consulting, credit management or risk management
- Advanced: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Intermediate: Accounting, Database, Word Processing/Typing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Engineering preferred.
- Experience in any of the following a plus: Oil & Gas (E&P), insurance, ERM, credit
- MBA preferred
- Prefer candidates with experience in using various financial third-party software. Allegro and SAP are desirable.
We believe in providing energy that empowers people.
We challenge the norm, tap into our strong legacy and use our foresight and financial discipline to deliver inspired energy solutions.
We see a future where we are an industry leader who is positively impacting lives for the next 100 years and beyond.
VALUES & BEHAVIORS
Do Right Always
- Respect people, safety, environment and the law
- Follow through on commitments
- Make it better
Think Beyond Possible
- Offer solution
- Step up and lead
- Don’t settle for “good enough”
- Embrace new opportunities
Stay With It
- Show resilience
- Lean into challenges
- Support each other
- Consider the implications