Full Job Description
Assists in the execution of audits across defined audit portfolios to deliver a quality product in line with department and industry standards and expectations. Will assist in ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring of their applicable audit portfolio. Provides the opportunity to gain an understanding of M&T’s businesses, support functions, and internal control framework.
Successful Audit Plan Completion
- Execute assigned audit tasks in a risk focused manner while maintaining independence and adhering to department and professional industry standards.
- Organize and complete work within established budget and time frames under the direction of an audit supervisor.
- Consider opportunities for the use of data analytics throughout the audit process.
- Demonstrate support for the department’s strategic objectives.
Leadership, Decision Making, and Communication
- Proactively communicate with senior members of the audit team regarding the status of assigned audit tasks and potential issues identified.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators, as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for assisting in the execution and documentation of audit testing to support the delivery of high quality, value-added audit reports for a variety of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Audit Committee and regulatory expectations.
This position directly communicates with Middle and Line Management.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance, Technology, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Statistics or other related technical field. In lieu of degree, a combined minimum of 4 years higher education and/or work experience.
Ability to articulate and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Related certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA, CAMS or similar).
MBA or Master’s degree in an appropriate field.
Financial Services Industry experience preferred.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America