Full Job Description
Wealth Management Team
2958 S 5600 W
West Valley, UT 84128
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
- Conducts daily member meetings and assesses their unique financial situation
- Responsible for production, sales and service goals
- Serves as an active mentor to other licensed employees
- Trains other branch staff and/or team members including branch training meetings
- Provides, prioritizes and executes recommendations which may include: documenting member interactions, preparing paperwork, placing trades, opening/servicing accounts, ensuring all paperwork is in good order, coordinating signatures and submitting referrals to business partners
- Invites members to return periodically to review their financial situation/recommendations
- Searches for cross-sell opportunities for other credit union products/services
- Supports branch staff by handling general member wealth management inquiries and following up on referrals
- Maintains compliance to all credit union, NCUA, broker dealer, agency, FINRA policies and regulations
- Ensures high member satisfaction
- Supports revenue and expense controls for the wealth management team
- Networks with MACU and non-MACU business partners
- Champions all wealth management marketing campaigns including all credit union campaigns
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Three to five years previous experience in selling mutual funds and annuities in similar environment with at least five years of industry experience.
4-year Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations
FINRA Series Licenses 7, 63 & 65 (or 66 in place of 63 & 65); State Life Insurance license required. Certificates such as a CFP, RICP, ChFC or CLU preferred
Experience providing investment guidance and advice to members. Must be able to demonstrate a superior record of sales achievement while maintaining high ethical standards. Degrees and/or certificates such as an MBA, CFP, CHLU or CHFC preferred
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, ability to learn applicable software required for role.
Has no managerial/supervisory responsibilities.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, members, or clients.
Spanish speaking would be preferred to serve the members’ needs.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to effectively communicate and coach while responding to all member inquiries in an efficient manner.
Superior sales skills and have a command of all aspects of investment and insurance products including mutual funds and annuities. Thorough understanding of economic principles and compliance standards Demonstrates proven ability to adapt and respond appropriately to changing work demands. Ability to multi-task many high priority tasks.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES / WORKING CONDITIONS
Occasionally reaches with hands and arms, climbs or balances, tastes or smells. Frequently Stands, walks, uses hands to handle or feel, talks and sits.
Depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral visual acuity is required.
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted
Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds, occasionally lists up to 50 pounds.
Office type work environment
Moderate noise level