Full Job Description
At Moss Adams, we champion authenticity. For us, that means fostering a culture of talented people who care—about you, about our clients, and about our communities. Here, you’ll work towards our mission of empowering others to embrace opportunity, growing as a leader along the way. Our firm’s size, middle-market clients, customized career paths, and supportive culture make this a reality. Join a values-driven firm where you’ll have fun while solving complex and interesting business challenges.
Introduction to the team
The growing Business Consulting Services practice is a collaborative group that is committed to providing superior client service through strong relationships and high value deliverables. We are currently seeking a Manager to join our team. The Manager will work on a variety of projects for clients, primarily for clients in our public sector, not-for-profit, and tribal industry group, that focus on management and organization assessments, process improvement, performance audits, strategic planning, and implementation of solutions. This is a great opportunity for a critical thinker with strong communication skills to be an integral part of a successful and growing team. We offer a tremendous career opportunity for the right individual.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Manage project teams across multiple engagements and clients
- Function as an essential business advisor to clients, working alongside them to understand their business practices, identify opportunities for improvement, provide recommendations, and support implementation of solutions
- Perform consulting activities that include conducting interviews, reviewing documents, performing a variety of analysis, and preparing client deliverables such as findings, recommendations, and draft and final reports
- Present deliverables to clients, including leadership teams, boards, and elected officials
- Manage project logistics, such as developing project work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Serve as an integral member of our Business Consulting Services team, including as career advisor and mentor to junior team members
- Travel to client locations to work onsite and periodically attend industry conferences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; MA or MS in organizational development/organizational psychology, MBA, or MPA/MPP preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in strategy, organizational development, change management, or management consulting. Minimum 2 years’ management consulting experience working with governments, higher education, utilities, or not-for profits
- Experience in performance auditing, program evaluation, policy analysis, and/or substantive qualitative and/or quantitative analysis
- Strong relationship builder with demonstrated success in building credibility and trust with clients
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to solution-focused outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to understand problems, think critically and use intellectual curiosity to identify creative solutions
- Effective time management, organizational and project management skills, proven ability to prioritize while simultaneously managing numerous projects/priorities often under tight deadlines
- Able to take direction, learn quickly, and work independently to meet project objectives
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functions/departments/teams while building trusted relationships and positively influencing others.
- Self-directed professional with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint)
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 30%
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moss Adams complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.