Model N is hiring a Financial Analyst – Sales Commissions as part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, reporting to the FP&A Manager. The Financial Analyst will work with Sales Management, Sales Operations, and Finance in order to ensure that Model N incentive commission plans are accrued correctly, and commissions are paid accurately. The primary responsibility is the calculation of monthly incentive commissions for all sales employees focusing on accuracy, completeness and consistency as defined in the commission plans. The ideal candidate is analytical, deadline driven, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multitask.
- Fully understand and administer Model N’s Sales Compensation Plans
- Prepare, calculate, and analyze the monthly commissions accruals and payouts in accordance with the Model N’s monthly/quarterly cadence
- Support the Accounting team in timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals and reconciliations for commissions accounting
- Act as Point of Contact for all commissions related questions and provide thorough and timely answers to the sales and sales management teams
- Document approvals and other support materials for any adjustment that will result in changes to pay/accruals
- Develop, maintain, and update the models necessary to sales commissions reporting
- Drive process and systems improvements related to commissions process
- Maintain, document, and adhere to internal controls to ensure Sox and policy compliance
- Dashboard maintenance and reporting for key sales performance metrics
- Support FP&A team in other OPEX analysis and reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s in accounting, Economics, or Finance; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Sales Commissions and Finance
- Background in analytical and modeling skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel
- Communicates clearly and effectively with colleagues from different functions and regions
- Possesses initiative, enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude and ability to perform as a team player with a data driven mindset
- Able to manage multiple deliverables without sacrificing attention to detail or efficiency of work production
- Knowledge of US GAAP and standard accounting principles
- SaaS and software industry experience is preferred
- Technically sound, systems savvy with advanced skills in Excel modeling, PowerPoint; proficiency with ERP (NetSuite), CRM (Salesforce), and BI tools (Adaptive Insights)
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual’s diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
To learn more about Model N and view more open jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future job opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other opportunities: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Equal Opportunity Statement
Model N values diversity at our company and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Model N considers qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Please reference https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster for more information.