Full Job Description
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. This role is well suited for a technically skilled financial professional who enjoys analytical work (both detailed and big picture) and wants to be engaged in a fast-paced team environment. This position will report to the FP&A Manager and assist in budgeting, forecasting, analytics, benchmarking, strategic modeling, cost segmentation, profitability analysis, and more.
This position is currently a full time hybrid and is accepting candidates from OR & WA.
To apply to this position please complete an application by following the bellow link.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy, Life, & Disability
- 401K- Matching
- Employee Assistant Program
- PTO and Company Paid Holidays
- Prepare detailed schedules/forecasts as part of the development and maintenance of the annual budget. Meet with budget owners to gain understanding and perspective of changes in proposed budgets. Perform analysis where necessary and make recommendations for business case scenarios as they arise in the budgeting process.
- Analyze monthly budget-to-actuals. Engage in recurring meetings with analyst team, FP&A Manager and budget owners to review variances and revise assumptions
- Use critical thinking to know when to investigate assumptions and when and how to substantiate certain claims and/or analyses performed by internal and external parties
- Assist with development of benchmarks, dashboards, models, and other analytical tools to facilitate forecasting and analyzing actual results against projections
- Assist in preparation of Risk-Based Capital and other ratio projections
- Assist in the continual refinement of our cost accounting strategy for administrative expenses – continually help evaluate existing capabilities, understand gaps and needs
- Prepare administrative expense reports for various lines of business or groups and make projections based on what-if scenarios
- Communicate and work effectively with business units to develop and review forecasts and discuss cost control options and issues
- Prepare cost/benefit analyses for all new initiatives. This includes monitoring the progress of existing initiatives, preparing summaries for senior management, and working with department heads to refine assumptions, as needed.
- Prepare capital budget, monitor actual purchases against budget and work with department heads to ensure ongoing needs are in line with long-term strategic goals
- Maintain organization so baseline models/scenarios can be modified for changing assumptions. Goal is for previously used files and assumptions to be easily referenced
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects to assist the FP&A Manager, Controller and/or CFO.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years of experience in budgeting, financial analysis and cost accounting required
- CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Use of pivot tables, vlookups, and other moderately complex Excel functions required
- Experience learning new software programs for accounting, budgeting, financial modelling, cost accounting, etc.
- Experience in organizations with complex legal entity structure and intercompany arrangements preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and organization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines, as well as ability to maintain flexibility to shift priorities and reprioritize
- Strong time-management and organization skills; ability to work independently to move multiple work streams forward at once and actively prioritize projects without significant oversight
- Familiarity with accounting concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including detailed knowledge of how financial statements flow together
- Understanding of Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
For more information regarding accommodations please direct your questions to Kristy Nehler and Daniel McGinnis via our email@example.com email.