Full Job Description
Business Marketing and Strategy Associate – Banking Americas (COO Office)
Seeking Business Marketing and Strategy Associate to work in the Banking Americas COO Office of a large international Investment and Corporate Bank. Play a key role in driving thought leadership and communications in support of business growth strategy.
Performs and coordinates all or part of the following functions:
- Conducts research on market and news worthy topics to identify key trends impacting our business to package and share with the management team
- Drafts internal memorandums to staff to support management communications including new hire announcements, promotion announcements and important staff communications
- Research and craft thought leadership pieces that will be used in articles, whitepapers and sector/product presentations
- Research and draft topical speaking notes, speaker series Q&A and video scripts used in marketing and communications
- Write and update website copy and social media quote cards and postings
- Keep and update business qualifications used for client marketing and recruiting
- Maintain and update biographical information for key management and relationship managers
- Develop the submission of deal and business awards to publications
- Develop communications and presentations based on management’s request
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the business marketing through generation of thought leadership for internal and external stakeholders
- Perform business research on banking, sector and product trends
- Draft key business communication to support branding and business development
- Prepare and maintain strategy documents, pitches and qualifications in support regular and ad hoc management initiatives
- Work with front office bankers and COO team to define and craft communications
- Maintain library of current business documents including qualifications, tombstone, deal announcements
- Maintain communication approvals
3) Technical Skills:
- Strong intellectual curiosity and understanding of business trends
- Ability to use and navigate market data and news sources to perform business research
- Strong knowledge of Excel and excellent with Powerpoint and other visual design tools
- Experience with Salesforce, Dealogic, Capital IQ a plus
- Adhere to the policies regarding communication with the public
- Obtain and seek necessary approvals for communications with key stakeholders including legal, compliance, corporate communications and licensed supervisor
5) Management Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present ideas to senior management and bankers
- Must be able to take a leadership role in driving work product and be a team player in a professional manner
- Work with other groups within the division, regional management and Head Office
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
All or part of (depending on the level) the following is required:
- MBA, MS or BA degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in a financial institution or consulting role
- Experience writing and supporting business communication
- Superior oral/written communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and visual graphic skills
- Accuracy and attention to details in work product
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with limited supervision.
- Strong drive and motivation to excel
- Excellent knowledge of corporate finance, capital markets and financial services
- Tolerance and understanding in multi cultures.
- Open office – collaborative team environment
- Overtime and after hours work expected
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
NOTE: This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Additionally, the contents of this Job Description may be modified or expanded by the Bank over time.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.