Full Job Description
The Senior Compliance Manager is responsible for the Compliance Consulting group within the Compliance department, with specific focus on deposit, lending (originations & servicing), credit card, investment, and privacy compliance. The Compliance Consulting group is responsible for regulation change management, serves a key role in assisting with product, service, and process changes and improvements, supplier management reviews, marketing reviews, and incentive compensation plan reviews while addressing compliance requirement inquiries in a timely manner. This position will serve a vital role as a member of senior Compliance management and will be an integral part of the company’s overall Compliance Management Program and strategy.
Description of Duties:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of effective compliance processes and controls across the company;
- Act in a leadership role to train and coach staff in research, interpretation, review and summary of applicable laws, regulations, and other relevant requirements conferring with Compliance management, Legal, and/or outside consultants when appropriate;
- Effectively oversee Compliance Consulting’s role in providing executive management with timely and relevant information on industry changes and trends;
- Assist in maintaining relationships with regulatory agencies and coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and requests;
- Review and recommend enhancements to internal monitoring and tracking processes related to the Bank’s Compliance Program;
- Assist in risk assessment processes for applicable business units and associated compliance risks;
- Review compliance training material for technical accuracy, identifying course content and participant requirements, and presenting training material as needed;
- Assist in Compliance Testing events, as needed;
- Prepare management reports and compliance tracking reports;
- Participate in job-specific training, continuing professional education and other various training programs;
- Consult with business units and stakeholders regarding how their operating environment is affected by various compliance risks and assist with implementation efforts to fill compliance gaps;
- Assist in developing, implementing and administering all aspects of Compliance’s programs; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
A self-starting individual who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, (Accounting, Finance, Business, Legal, or other related business degree preferred).
- JD, MBA or other advanced degree is desirable;
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) desirable but not required. Willing to obtain CRCM within first year.
- 2-4 years of regulatory compliance experience, preferably in a financial institution;
- Ability to identify and assess enterprise-wide compliance risks;
- Exceptionally strong analytical, prioritization, research and organizational skills
- Solid project management skills and strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated reasoning and critical thinking skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in order to provide management with the necessary information to make business decisions.
- Attention to detail and ability to develop and/or constructively review reports and other documents including policies and procedures, meeting materials, and regulatory deliverables, ensuring a reliable and suitable product;
- Strong and proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple direct reports and manage own assignments in a fast paced, high-pressure environment with time constraint;
- Maintain confidentiality and ability to exercise discretion in performing daily duties.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.