If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations – and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
At Microsoft’s Americas Operations Center we have a passion for customers, partners and technology. As a member of the Americas Operations team, you will coordinate and manage revenue enablement for our most strategic commercial partnership accounts. These strategic ventures are highly customized, and you will be expected to build consistent, repeatable, and scalable processes on a global level. You will be joining a fast-paced team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people.
The Transact Enablement Manager, Strategic Ventures interfaces with our Corporate Launch and our Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) teams to ensure that Contract to Cash policies and processes are built, deployed, and scaled compliantly and efficiently. Additionally, the role is accountable for driving operational excellence throughout Transact Services through the identification and creation of solutions and process enhancements.
- Execute specific Order to Cash functions for Strategic Ventures
- Build and scale processes and capabilities to enable the future growth of Strategic Ventures
- Understand the controls that drive compliance and provide direction to enable stakeholders to design venture deals compliantly
- Ensure policies and processes are enforced and communicated. Accountable for escalations
- Drive continuous process improvements via analysis and identification of opportunities with a global consideration
- Leverage reporting and analytics to manage end-to-end contracts to cash functions
- Communicate across all levels, including senior management
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Deep field and partner knowledge as well understanding the Microsoft Sales Process (or similar industry sales process) and associated transactional motions
- Continuous Process Improvement Mindset
- Successful collaboration with Senior Business Stakeholders including Microsoft Sales Team and Microsoft Partners
- Strong understanding of current MS Commercial processes including documents, systems, and organizations operating in the process (might be related to the Deep Field line you have)
- Adept in Process Design and Execution
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in Operations, Program Management, or Project Management
- Detail oriented with proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information
- Able to work in a pressured environment to tight deadlines when required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels
- Have industry knowledge to shape transformational business deal construction from an industry transformational driver
- Proven ability to independently and effectively create solutions that can be globally implemented and ability to influence others in their adoption
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, innovation, and execution management; ability to influence without authority
- Knowledgeable on Business Value deal constructions to provide guidance to the team, operations deal managers and Deal Desk
- Challenge Status-quo (Growth-Mindset)
- Understand industry objectives, strategic direction and key competition
- Broad working knowledge of Microsoft including business groups, segment and support functions including multiple channels and business groups
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.