Full Job Description
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
The Finance team partners company-wide with organizations to deliver financial expertise that drives high business impact. Whether analyzing the economics of a product, conducting in-country performance management, or diving into technical accounting and tax intricacies, they enable profitability and long-term growth for the company.
Microsoft’s Finance vision is focused on how business partnership leads to outcomes and how we drive impact. We do this through our core values – People, Prioritization, Partnership and Protect.
Interviews for the Finance Manager roles will be conducted in partnership with our attendance at the National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) National Convention. By applying to this role, you’ll be assessed for multiple positions on several teams.
- Play a key role in all monthly close and business planning processes (budgeting, quarterly forecasting, mid-year review, and the long range plan)
- Drive insightful analytics and financial reviews, ‘telling the story’ with organization and finance leadership
- Partner with business unit leads on day-to-day details and provide ongoing feedback and insight into decisions for the client/business group.
- Conduct ongoing OPEX reviews with the organization leadership team and business managers
- Anticipate questions and advise on corrective actions based on operational and financial insight
- Lead special projects and ad hoc requests as required
- MBA or advanced degree
- 5+ years of Financial Planning & Analysis or Accounting experience
- Experience delivering strategic projects a plus
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Experience forming cross-group and cross-functional partnerships to achieve goals with strong business partnering skills with ability to influence others without direct authority
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves rapidly
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.