Who are we and what do we do?
Device Market Intelligence is a group of highly skilled analysts residing in Microsoft’s finance organization focusing on Client Computing Devices. Our team is tasked with providing thought leadership on future device market trends, technology disruptors, partner ecosystem and competitive dynamics, as well as developing leading device market forecasts.
We are hiring a Business Analyst Manager who will be focused on delivering market insights with executive teams across Microsoft. This role is focused on influencing executives with market insights, analysis, and forecasts for specific device categories, worldwide segment, and geographic markets.
Looking for technology and business thought leaders
We are looking for people who thrive in influencing executive business conversations on current and future market trends and drive data-based analysis. Keys to success with our team are the ability to frame a complex problem, solid analytical and quantitative skills, and intellectual curiosity to quickly and consistently be learning.
- Support market forecasting and insights with sound analysis on market fundamentals, competitive landscape, and implications on current product roadmaps and business initiatives
- Lead analysis on market, devices, partners and competitors to develop insights on trends, business performance, and disruption
- Quantitative analysis to drive insights and market forecasts with syndicated research and telemetry
- Partner closely with international partners to drive insights on unique aspects of the technology evolution in developed and emerging markets
- Communicate and collaborate across multiple stakeholders, team members while managing multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines simultaneously
Here is what we would love for you to bring to this role or be passionate to learn about:
- 4+ years of experience in market intelligence, strategic planning, financial analysis, quantitative analysis, management consulting, or investment banking
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, operations or a related field. MBA a plus but not required;
- Knowledge and passion for technology, devices, business models, and economic analysis.
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills with proven ability to work across organizations to get engagement, build consensus, and drive resolution to challenging problems
- Demonstrated capability with structured thinking to frame problems, deal with ambiguous situations, prioritize and drive decisions by combining strategic business insights and analysis with sales and operational realities.
- Interest in and motivation to learn and gain new skills to contribute to the team and the organization in any way you can. Openness to and hunger for input, feedback and constructive criticism on the projects and processes you own.
- Desire to own your space and deliver with high reliability and attention to detail.
- May require international travel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.