Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
We presently seek a candidate in the Office of the Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) for a unique and exciting opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of how the Investments Department investment strategy and process comes together. In this role, you will support the AVP, OCIO, and work directly with members of the MetLife Investment Management (MIM) Management Committee and Affiliated Insurance Company Investment Management (AIC IM) Senior Leadership Team. You will have responsibility for assisting in the compilation of high-level analysis of critical portfolio information for use by the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and his direct reports, Executive Group (EG), MetLife’s Investment Committee of the Board of Directors and MetLife shareholders.
- Manage the production of key internal and external meeting materials, including the Earnings Call package, Investment Committee, Investment Look Forward and Rating Agency meetings.
- Lead coordination of Investments’ content to fulfill requests from the Corporate Secretary’s Office (CSO), Global Government Relations (GGR) and Group Insurance, including company relationship reports and investment information by state.
- Contribute to the preparation of comprehensive financial analyses for internal and external CIO conferences, to effectively convey Investments portfolio strategy and key departmental messages.
- Assist with information gathering for RFP / RFI responses on behalf of Investments, often requiring high-level coordination with Legal, IR, Risk Management, the CSO and GGR.
- Support the AVP, OCIO, in various aspects of daily unit functioning and frequent ad hoc high-profile requests under fixed deadlines.
- Partner closely with members of the OCIO, Investor Relations (IR), Corporate Communications and CSO.
- Work closely with MIM and AIC IM senior management, Middle Office, Investments’ CFO and Chief Counsel in the coordination and vetting of departmental information.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ financial modeling or investments modeling.
- Comprehension of ALM concepts.
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and collaborate with internal organizations across the company.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA and/or CFA
- Familiarity with fixed income investments
Office of CIO
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $600 billion of total assets under management as of December 31, 2019. We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 114948