Full Job Description
The GFA Analyst (“Analyst”) is responsible for providing senior management and executives with the analysis and information needed to make operational, financial, and strategic decisions amidst a high growth environment. Partnering with cross-functional teammates throughout the organization, the Analyst will compile, process, and analyze both micro and macro-level data with a goal of effectively communicating meaningful and actionable recommendations to key stakeholders. Moreover, the Analyst will support Meissner’s Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) in the Financial Planning & Analysis function (“FP&A”) including strategic financial planning, resource planning, pricing strategy, and other capital raising activities.
As the Company continues to grow, the Analyst will play an integral role in the growth and oversight of key GFA processes, disciplines, and functions for a rapidly growing multinational organization that is comprised of multiple entities, manufacturing sites, and locations.
THE FIRST YEAR
The first twelve (12) months of this position have been outlined in the following sections to clarify the direction and intention of this role at Meissner Filtration Products.
The GFA Analyst will work closely with the CFO and the rest of the GFA Team to learn about the business and support as needed. In particular, this person will be involved in the following activities:
- Become familiar with Meissner’s culture, business model, key operating and financial objectives, and the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Understand Meissner’s organizational structure, its various subsidiaries, affiliates, departments and their respective functions.
- Explore the key drivers behind Meissner’s operating performance, financial position, and cash flow.
- Form relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to; members of the GFA Team, sales, engineering departments, and key banking contacts.
- Work in concert with the Commercial Manager to conduct market research and industry analysis pertaining to pricing strategy and analysis of new and existing customer relationships.
- Become familiar with Meissner’s Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) for the Organization as well as GFA specific indicators. Partner with the Team to compile, update, analyze, and interpret KPIs.
- Gain exposure to Meissner’s systems, databases, lines of business, and accounting and compliance policies (revenue recognition, expense policies, cost accounting, etc.).
- Understand Meissner’s capital structure, existing credit agreements, credit structure, and financial reporting requirements. Assist the CFO and Senior GFA Analyst in banking related matters, capital-raising activities, and covenant compliance.
- Establish and implement FP&A processes and procedures related to monthly, quarterly, and annual (financial) reviews, updates, and analysis (i.e. variance / trend analysis and MD&A’s). Periodic reviews will be presented and delivered to internal and external stakeholders.
- Become familiar with Meissner’s projection model and assist the CFO in developing, maintaining, and updating financial projections for the various Meissner entities.
- Assist the GFA Team in routine accounting and finance activities (month-end close; bank reconciliations, payments, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds, maintains, and updates financial models that detail the company’s growth and operations while projecting future performance by compiling, organizing, and analyzing data. Engages with management and key department heads to collect information needed for accurate forecasting and continuous process improvement.
- Prepares financial reports and periodic business reviews for internal and external use by collecting, analyzing, formatting, and presenting information to key stakeholders. Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of operational and financial data, including variance and trend analysis, with the ability to interpret performance and provide financial visibility across the organization.
- Conducts portfolio reviews analyzing the pricing strategy, profitability, and complexity of products sold to customers, while working with sales and engineering teams in identifying strengths and opportunities for improvement for future orders. Works in concert with the Commercial Manager by conducting industry analysis and market research on customers and competitors.
- Builds strong partnerships with various departments to understand key business drivers and needs, obtain accurate and meaningful data to support quality inputs and analysis, and support GFA’s mission to be a trusted partner and advisor to its cross-functional partners. Assists department heads with resource and personnel planning, compensation needs, capex planning, and other reporting initiatives needed to identify opportunities and challenges.
- Performs due diligence and risk assessment of customers and suppliers using proprietary tools and data sources to support purchasing and credit policy decisions.
- Collects and compiles information needed to update and track KPIs by department, site, and organization for monthly management review.
- Evaluates new projects and investment opportunities, using existing processes at Meissner, while considering common capital budgeting principles (i.e., NPV, IRR, ROI,).
- Works with the IT team to streamline and automate FP&A functions and reporting.
- Provides ad hoc support and analysis for executives as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other related degree from an accredited university. Pursuit of an MBA, CPA, or CFA® designation is highly encouraged and desired.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who has at least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in financial modelling, analysis and/or planning. Investment banking, commercial banking, or corporate finance experience with middle market companies will provide a distinct advantage. The successful candidate must also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact cross-functionally with all levels of management and across all geographies.
- Inquisitive, self-motivated, resourceful and proactive, with an ability to see tasks through to completion with uncompromising quality.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written settings.
- Analytical, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and versatility with the ability to prioritize many tasks.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalent presentation software).
- Ability to understand the total scope of business while executing on tasks.
- Ability and desire to learn quickly in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting financial statements (including 10-K & 10-Qs) with basic US-GAAP accounting knowledge preferred.
Each employee of the Company is an at-will employee, unless specifically notified otherwise in writing. This means that the terms and conditions of employment may be changed with or without cause. It also means an employee may terminate their employment at any time, for any reason, and the Company has the same right to terminate an employees’ employment at any time for any reason.
Meissner Filtration Products is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MEISSNER FILTRATION PRODUCTS