The Associate Chief of Affiliations will report to the Chief System Development and Affiliations Officer and will manage the day to day operations of the division. Responsibilities will include direct oversight, planning, and coordination of the Affiliate Network operations, direct oversight of MUSC’s Business Health service line, and other duties as assigned. Additionally, the Associate Chief of Affiliations will provide budgetary management and oversight for the division.
Minimum Training and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Several years demonstrated project management and business development experience with a successful track record, including working with partner health industry organizations and consultants in developing business plans and other business development activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced financial modeling and forecasting
- Advanced knowledge of health care forecasting methodologies
- Advanced interpersonal skills to lead and experience working collaboratively and effectively with multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams, and with executives, providers, and staff at all levels
- Master’s Degree/ MBA / MHA
- Knowledge and experience with MUSC Health organization, structure, clinical, research, and administrative departments
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the South Carolina healthcare market
- Experience in large academic healthcare setting
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: N/A
Additional Duties and Responsibilities: N/A
- Budgeting and fiscal management of the division.
- Operational oversight, management, and cultivation of the MUSC Health Affiliate Network.
- Collaborates with the Chief System Development & Affiliations Officer and the Chief Physician of Affiliations to develop and maintain strong, strategic, and meaningful relationships with the leadership of the Affiliate Network.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with organizational peers, ELC members, and MUSC Health ICCE and College of Medicine department leadership.
- Thoughtful and strategic approach to the coordination and management of the Affiliate Network with the duty to keep relationships current and meaningful.
- Development and maintenance of an effective cadence for engaging the Affiliate Network (individually and in aggregate) and implementation of a scorecard to demonstrate ongoing relationship value.
- Ongoing innovation that targets new approaches/programs for MUSC Health to add value to current and potential affiliate relationships.
- Implementation and coordination of new affiliate relationships as assigned.
- Development, vetting, and implementation of new offerings for the affiliate network in coordination with the Chief Physician for Affiliations.
- Oversight and growth of MUSC Business Health.
- Responsible for identifying resource need and obtaining appropriate funding/approvals.
- Responsible for selecting, developing, and deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
- Strategic Partnership & Planning: Formulates highly complex, effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization and/or functional area. Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term as well as short term perspective.
- Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities and vets them within the organization. Develops strategies, objectives, and direction for both own direct reporting organization as well as affiliate organization(s).
- Change Management & Innovation: Proactively engages affiliate leaders and matrix partners to actualize change initiatives. Develops and/or encourages new ideas/approaches. Establishes procedures and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in highly complex environments. Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve program effectiveness. Develops strategies using new technology to enhance decision making. Understands the impact of technological and process changes on the organization.
- Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the organization. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Ensures that performance is aligned with mission, goals and outcomes and is completed within established timeframes. Monitors and evaluates highly complex plans; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes. Has budget accountability.
- Collaboration with Business Analytics and Planning team to monitor and understand current performance and potential opportunities.
- Creates and presents formal client communications and effectively facilitates meetings to influence and reach consensus.
Physical Requirements: Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 25 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 25 lbs of force, lift from 36″ to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Opening date: 12 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time