Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritizing their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
Weâ€™re looking to hire a Strategic Finance Consultant to join our Strategic Finance Business Partner team primarily supporting our Worksite and MMFA Businesses, which sell primarily life, annuities, and disability income.
Why we need you.
Weâ€™re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Strategic Finance Consultant, youâ€™ll have an opportunity to contribute to helping our businesses grow and become more profitable. You will learn about our businessesâ€™ corporate support activities, challenges and priorities and use that information to help drive decision-making. You will partner across Finance to understand the financials, leveraging data platforms to identify key information that will help tell the story. You will provide support to CFO customers on performance, opportunities for cost efficiencies, benchmarking comparisons, sales, profitability and results and considerations for decision-making.Â You will contribute to engagement for change, innovation and value creation.
In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. Effective communication skills will be key to successful relationship-building and articulating the reasoning and bases for your recommendations and conclusions. You will demonstrate an inquisitive approach, asking probing questions to identify issues with specificity.
What success looks like.
- Strong working relationship and collaboration with business partners and CFO co-workers
- Analyses of sales, cash flows, AUM, unit costs, source of earnings, and other financial items is business driver based and understood by business partners and CFO organization
- Key forecast business driver assumptions are developed in collaboration with business partners and understood/agreed to by them
- Exercise stewardship of direct spend to influence direct unit cost goals
- Demonstrates strong business and financial acumen through participation in initiatives to grow the business and increase efficiency
- Key MM competencies for success: business acumen, agility, communication, accountability
- What your days and weeks will include.
- Perform and communicate analyses described above, collaborating with co-workers and clients in the business
- Review forecast and initiative assumptions and cost-benefit analyses to contribute to decision making, including prioritization, in order to pursue the most beneficial initiatives and maximize benefits.
- Analyze, develop and communicate the story behind the business results, drivers, standard ratios, unit costs, other metrics, etc
- Liaison regularly with Controllerâ€™s team to validate accuracy of monthly results by channel
- Liaison regularly with FP&A on forecast process and management reporting
- Build familiarity with business channels and of corporate units.
- Use strong business acumen and communication skills to draft and contribute to commentary which enables readers to quickly understand how performance is impacting financial results.
- Use communication and collaboration skills to support the implementation of the SFBP target operating model, including tailoring change management efforts to CFO customer needs.
- The knowledge and skills needed for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business major or related preference); MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in large, sophisticated corporate environment providing financial support on business related matters.
- Preferred experience working with and supporting several corporate units.
- Experience using data and information to analyze and communicate (in writing, orally and visually) the implications of corporate unit activity, ideally leveraging business intelligence applications (Alation, Microstrategy, SQL queries etc.).
- Intellectual curiosity to continue learning and adding breadth and depth to understanding.
- Ability to partner with and influence business leaders and peers in using financial information and tools to identify options and make decisions.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, without requiring sponsorship, both now and in the future.